Author Topic: Compression Vest - I can't even get it on.  (Read 3181 times)

Offline zaphodb

• Posting Member
Hi,

Does anybody have any advice on getting a 997 (http://www.underworks.com/996.html) compression vest actually past their head?

I was hoping to use this for compression after surgery but I've given up, I'll continue to use the stinky tubi grip one at night. I've got one thats opened and another thats still sealed size medium 35-39" vests

Anybody actually get these things on? I'm a bit miffed I've spend $60 on something I can't use. ??? And I can't really send it back coz it'll cost too much in shipping. grrrr.

Cheers

Offline Done_n_dusted

• Posting Member
I haven't seen any surgeons that recommend this for straight after surgery. It's called a stage 2 compression vest and I think it's intended for use a couple of weeks after you're post op. In my case it was about 5 weeks before I could comfortably wear it. To start with there was no way I could get it on\off by myself, it seems to have stretched with use though (or maybe I've limbered up) and I can manage on my own now.

Personally dude I'd keep hold of it, if you can afford it go for the stage 1 vest (with the shoulder straps) then when you're ready ditch that and wear the stage 2 vest, it's more comfortable and is better under clothes. Of course if you can't get it on then that's slightly problematic - is there anyone that can help you?
Levick'd and Happy Nov 2006

Offline zaphodb

• Posting Member
Thanks for replying. It wasn't recommded to me for after surgery. I was told to get some tight Tshirts and I thought that it would be ok (judging what I have read elsewhere in the forum).

I think I'll just hold off as you say then. My wife also tried to help but she's 34 weeks pregnant (I'm still a bit sore and not very flexible and she's pretty tired!) and it was a struggle for the both of us.

Thanks though, couple of weeks I'll try it on again.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

Does anybody have any advice on getting a 997 (http://www.underworks.com/996.html) compression vest actually past their head?

The trick with the 997 is NOT to put in over your head like a T shirt but actually the opposite.  Step into it and pull it up over your waist to your chest.  It is still a bit of a squeeze but it worked for me and many others.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline zaphodb

• Posting Member
Thanks for the pointers guys. I appreciate it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024