Author Topic: Dr. Fielding Post Operation Experience  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Big Brother

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

Had surgery with Dr. Fielding this morning at St. Joseph's. The surgery went smoothly without any problems. I was surprised at how fast it went. One minute your being given anesthesia and the next minute you wake up in the recovery room (with a very tight vest on!). I had some "oozing" from the right side and my vest was soaked at the back. It was some sort of fluid but according to the nurse, Dr. Fielding said it was nothing to worry about since he had "pumped me with fluids" during the surgery and it had to come out from somewhere. Fielding didn't actually see me after the surgery but I'm meeting with him in about a week. Anyways, the nurse just loosened the vest a bit and put some extra padding in the back where it was wet. I'm at home now and it's completely dry. Let the healing begin...

I feel great and like crap at the same time. They offered me some Tylenol #3 at the hospital but I refused. I got a prescription and will probably take some tonight. The pain is not as intense as the soreness.

Keep the postings coming. I plan to keep updating you guys on my progress. It's time to watch some CSI and then I'm off to bed!

Big Brother

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Congrats dude! :D Keep us updated. Im having it done with Fielding end of March.

Offline Big Brother

• Posting Member
Post Op Day 2:

Well, I slept fine last night and got 8 hours of sleep. I took some Tylenol #3 which probably caused some tiredness (yahoo for codeine). Wasn't very comfortable though because of the vest. You're mobility is pretty limited and getting in and out of bed can be a challenge. I'm still getting used to doing things without bending too much.

The good part is that I don't have any pain today whatsoever. There is still a bit of soreness but that should be gone soon. I have no idea of what my results look like at this point but I hope I'll be happy when I go to Fielding on Tuesday and take off my vest for the first time.

Big Brother

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member

Offline Big Brother

• Posting Member
Post Op Day 3:

No oozing today. I have a bit of a burning/tingling feeling though coming from behind my left nipple. It started last night and I still felt it when I got up this morning. I feel it more when I move around and not so much when I am sitting still. Is this normal? Has anybody had this feeling post op? Maybe it's because of the lipo. I am hoping it will pass soon.

Other than that, no complaints. A bit more mobile today. I plan to go back to work on Monday so we will see how that goes.

Big Brother

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Post Op Day 3:

I have a bit of a burning/tingling feeling though coming from behind my left nipple. It started last night and I still felt it when I got up this morning. I feel it more when I move around and not so much when I am sitting still. Is this normal? Has anybody had this feeling post op?

Welcome to the 'Other Side' dude...

Yeah, it' normal. I had that 'burning/tingling' sensation for about two weeks. Just on the RHS tho.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Big Brother

• Posting Member
Post Op Week 1:

I saw Fielding today for my first post op visit. The sticky foam pads came off today and I got to see what my chest looks like  :o I can't tell you how happy I was. My chest was completely flat! It was such a great feeling  ;D. I can honestly say that I am more than happy with the results at this point. Dr. Fielding knows what he is doing.

Dr. Fielding told me to keep the vest on for another 3 weeks (even though I noticed there wasn't any swelling) and to see him again in one week to trim off the stitches if needed. Just wondering, when did you guys notice the swelling coming back, if any? I am going back to work today but I won't be doing any heavy lifting.

Will keep you posted...
Big Brother

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey Big Brother

actually, the swelling will most likely start now. this is usually when you remove the pads that you start seeing bruising and swelling. so in the next few weeks, your chest will get a big bitter. but we are always told not to freak out since the whole thing usually resorbs in the first few months....

anyways, good that you are happy so far but be patient, alright?...

cheers
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
anyways, good that you are happy so far but be patient, alright?...

Big Brother...

You are happy with what you see right now but it will prolly get worse before it gets better. As brebguy mentioned, you must be patient dude. You are only one week in. Give it at least 3 months before passing any kind of judgement on your healing progress. It may take up to a year to see 'final' results.

Everyone heals differently dude. You may heal very quickly (as I did) and all is well. However, your body may take longer to heal. Don't be surprised if your chest swells up and 'looks' like the Gyne is back. This is only temporary....  ;)

Keep us updated with your healing progress...

Thanks!

GB

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I was asking Dr. Fielding about the post-op healing and when to expect to see final results. I told him that i heard it takes up to a year, but he insisted that final results are visible by 3 months.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
he does say that, after 3 months you should get a good idea of what your chest will look like once the skin as completely reattached to the muscles and the chest has completely healed. but Bambu is right, it still takes about a year to heal completely, so you may slight changes over the course of the year. but what Fielding says is that you should not get any big suprises after 3 months or so.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024