Author Topic: DR FEILDING , OHIP COVERAGE  (Read 6116 times)

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
what are the requirements? i called and booked at consultation for a surgery ... it is in about a month... she said if i fit the proper OHIP requirements?

does anyone know what she means by this?

Im 17 yr old... turning 18 soon...
not too much over weight... maybe 10 lbs but i am eating right and work out 5 days a week... and i dont smoke or do weed anymore... i quit about 1 yr ago... i drink occasionally

i have puffy nipples and a lil bit of actual boobs...
do u think ill get the coverage by OHIP? ??? ;D

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
no one has anything to say?????

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
what are the requirements? i called and booked at consultation for a surgery ... it is in about a month... she said if i fit the proper OHIP requirements?

Why Leslie would say that is beyond me dude. You are a resident of Ontario, therefore, you are entitled to OHIP benefits.

Wishing you luck with your consult!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline inquestion

• Posting Member
I think he was talking about the requirements for OHIP to consider this a necessary procedure. The Quebec insurance considers this a purely cosmetic procedure.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
in the rest of Canada, only the Lipo part is considered cosmetic and therefore not eligible too OHIP coverage (or any other provincial medical coverage).

this is why the surgery appears to be so cheap, hospital fees, consultation and gland removal are covered for everyone.

for Quebec, only the hospital stay is covered but it is still not too expensive since the whole thing takes place in a hospital compared to a private clinic. you are probably not as comfortable but i dont think it has been a problem for anyone...
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline inquestion

• Posting Member
in the rest of Canada, only the Lipo part is considered cosmetic and therefore not eligible too OHIP coverage (or any other provincial medical coverage).

this is why the surgery appears to be so cheap, hospital fees, consultation and gland removal are covered for everyone.

for Quebec, only the hospital stay is covered but it is still not too expensive since the whole thing takes place in a hospital compared to a private clinic. you are probably not as comfortable but i dont think it has been a problem for anyone...

Is it still a comparable surgery?
I would be completely game if this were the case.
well, I would have to consult the surgeon I am supposed to see. Dr.Wexler at the Royal -Victoria.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Comparable how? Do you mean between a hospital and private clinic?

GB

Offline inquestion

• Posting Member

Comparable how? Do you mean between a hospital and private clinic?

GB

yes, I mean, is the process used basically a quick process used to just get the gland removed in case of any sort of malignancy concerns or are the aesthetics taken into account?
Would liposuction be used during the procedure, and just not covered?
Or would it be avoided and you are left on your own to fix any problems after?
I am not one to be afraid of hospitals cold atmosphere, if it would give a good result, I wouldnt mind at all.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

There is prolly no difference in procedure between Hospital and Private Clinic.

I had surgery done at St. Josephs Health Center (Hospital) by Dr. Fielding and IMO, results are excellent. Both excision and lipo were done. I paid $1280 for the lipo portion of the procedure. OHIP covered the rest.

GB

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
If you are not covered by OHIP, then I think you can still claim as part of your medical expenses on your tax return.

There was a good discussion in a separate topic on this awhile ago.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
indeed but as a canadian, you are covered by provincial medical insurance so always covered (at least if you go with fielding, he takes care of everything)
except as i said for the province of qc

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024