Author Topic: Bandages v Compression Vests  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Bubble

• Posting Member
What do you think is best for post-op? Im currently using a vest, but as well as it being awkward, I also feel as if you dont get constant compression. I sometimes feel as if im losing tightness in the chest area when my body is in certain positions, where as using bandages are more tight as they would be around the chest and not affected by the stomach, as the vests are.

Thoughts please,

Thanks

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

Just got my vest today in preparation for sugery in a few weeks.

ummm I'm very hairy and man this thing itches like a biatch.. and I only had it on an hour.. so not looking forward to wearing one for weeks :(

altho .. the result is quite cool... sat there thinking "wow.. I look buff with this on.. muscular in fact..". and then thinking it's a bit like the girls with fillets in their bra's..

once it's off .. it's not what the other person expected to see is  it.. one extreme to the other :)

am thinking of asking about bandages.. I just want the best end result.. never mind the short term pain of a few weeks

sorted by the "levickmeister" april 14th 2005
pics here
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN2jdw0ctHDiY

Offline Bubble

• Posting Member
im currently sticking to the vest and dont worry you get used to it. For me its just part of my everyday clothing and i forget its there sometimes

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

think it's more the material that's wierd for me..

anyone think of any reason why I souldnt wear a cotton t-shirt under it ?

apart from I'll end up with 3 layers of clothes, what with a tshirt, vest and shirt or tishirt on top.. (have airconditioning in my office so I am not too bothered about being hot)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024