Author Topic: Post-op medicine - side effects  (Read 3633 times)

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Alright lads, 3 days post-op and everything's cool so far.  I'm off to the hospital in a bit to get my drains emptied and to get my spanking new Underworks compression vest instead of this big padded thing that makes me look like Jordan.

A quick question for the guys who've had the op - What drugs were you put on?

I'm on antibiotics (x2 a day), anti-innflammatories (x3 a day) and painkillers - Kapake
Now, the thing about Kapake, is it contains Codeine.  Anyone else had codeine?  Because it's constipating.  And i'm finding this out the hard way.  Man, i've been munching prunes and all-bran for 24 hours now....

Any advice??????!!!!!!!!!
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
I got Kapake for my first op with the NHS a couple of years ago. I found them ok. Just don't get too fond of them. ;)

Levick's team gave me Tramadol Hydrochloride, which is basically a synthetic opiate. I found these caused more nausea and were generally a bit unpleasant.

You'll get used to the blocked plumbing mate, but a couple of days after you come off the pills you'll have what can only be described as a 'Star Wars Sh*t'.........

"A dump of such vast and epic proportions it comes out in three parts".

;D
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
For those of you who may be losing sleep over my bowel movements, don't worry - it's happened.

Goodness me.

The experience can be described only as...... epic.
There was joy, there was pain, there were tears, there were extreme religious overtones.

I wept.

I think i may write a book about it.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
But there are two more sittings my friend. Use the force!!!

PS; I'm not a Star Wars freak before anyone makes assumptions. ;D

Offline littlesmurf

just be grateful you are getting post-op drugs.  On the NHS I was offered some paracetamol if I didn't mind waiting whilst they got some.
I think the moral of the story is you get what you pay for.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
I think the other moral to be learnt here is that if you haven't done a poo for 3 days, then expect a lot of poo action to happen very soon.

I guess this could be summed up more poetically...

'Beware the hoarder, for he who pooeth few & far between shall surely unleash a potent and deadly flow unto our world"

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024