Author Topic: 43 yr old N Ireland man - just arrived here!  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Lardass1

Hello Everybody,

Im a 43 yr old from N Ireland who has been suffering from this affliction for as long as I've known but things have got considerably worse in the last 10 years or so. I've always carried some excess weight and this as you know can hang on the body in the most disfiguring manner. For years I've been very reluctant to even wear a t-shirt because I know all that can be seen are my growing breasts!

Even though I visited this site on a few occasions I never really took the bull by the horns, that is until last weekend when as I was getting ready to go to the pub to meet my friends I looked at my phisique in the mirror and just got too depressed and turned on my heel and decided not to go out. I registered with this site and after looking at all the support from you all I decided to call Mr Levick's office and now I have an appointment for 1 May! Bring it on, is what I say. I have suffered enough of this condition and too many years of my life have been ruined, confidence taken away etc.

Here are some photos...your opinions please (don't hold back!) Yes, I know I'm hairy and I know I'm fat....

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Bigzilla,

Welcome to the site and well done for confronting the issue after all this time (we all know it is not an easy thing to do).  Paul Levick is probably the most experienced surgeon for this procedure in the UK so I wish you all the luck in the world.  He can’t always produce perfect results but then I dare say no surgeon can.  However I think that there is no better surgeon at putting you at your ease as he used to have the condition himself and does hundreds of these procedures a year.

Like all surgery there are several factors that affect the final result:

1.   The severity of the case.
2.   The skill of the surgeon.
3.   The healing abilities of the patient.
4.   Pre and post Operative care.
5.   And last but not least … LUCK.

You may have already read on other posts to have realistic expectations of the surgery and to allow up to a year to see the final result.  That is very important.  Some people achieve miracle results but I think most of us achieve significant improvement but not perfection.  I think for the vast majority that “significant improvement” means being able to wear what you like and to take your shirt off in public without anyone giving you a second glance.  Remember we humans come in all shapes and sizes and very few indeed have perfect chests anyway.  I’m 6 months post op with Paul Levick and my chest is still changing.  A proportion of patients need some revision surgery to get the best result, but don’t be put off by that as any revision work is free with Paul Levick.

So enjoy the consultation on May 1st.  I hope you come out feeling as I did .. that there is light at the end of the tunnel to the nightmare of gynecomastia.  Feel free to ask any questions here on this site … we are all here to help each other.   :)
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024