Author Topic: Just had surgery on NHS...  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Almeda24

• Posting Member
I just had bi-lateral excision done last week via the NHS, took approx. 6-7 months in total to get there. hard work getting the PS to agree to it!and due to the weight id lost in preperation for surgery the PS said to me on the day that she wouldnt have took me in if I had looked the same way a few months earlier despite having a clear case.
Ive had gyne since I was young, started off with puffy nipples and as i gained weight it became more pronunced. I didnt have any liposuction done and am still left with evident gyne, though not much puffy nipple, which is what i had hoped for as i can now wea t-shirts without being paranoid, no beach for me though! The day after the PS told me that I should wear a tight fitting t-shirt for about a week. I read on here about people wearing compression vest for months, can someone tell me why that is? I am relatively happy with my results at this early stage (though I could do with some liposuction), considering what I had before, why is there such a need to keep wearing a vest for so long. Also, what repercussions can exercise in general have aside from the obvious pain factor? Thanks

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
HI

Good to hear the NHS are helping someone. Im trying to get a op with them aswel. But its not going to good at the moment..

Anyway good luck with the recovery ...

Offline Almeda24

• Posting Member
It was quite a struggle getting them to agree to it. my gp was great but in the hospital I had them trying to scare me about the dinner plate effect and tell me how it was normal for men to have breasts. All from women, not exactly understanding of the situation. but hey at least it was free.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024