Author Topic: Need some Advice  (Read 2386 times)

Offline jonny35

ok finally i've done it.. i've managed to save up £2600  so far, and i'm going to get my Gyno done before the winter 2007

I've chosen Levick as i think he's the best (unless someone else can recommend someone else, and nearer as i'm in Glasgow)

But just a few questions before I start.

1) How much is it approx for a consultation with Levick
2) How much is it approx for the operation
3) I keep worrying about the taking out of the drains... How many seconds of pain will I have to endure (i'll grit my teeth) per drain and how many drains are there.. The reason i ask is a have a really low Pain Threshold, and the more i think about it the more i worry.......... I'm thinking of sneaking in 1/2 bottle of vodka, so that after the op, i can drink some (when no-ones around), and it will help numb the pain.

:( jonny

« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 07:40:00 PM by jonny35 »

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
I think the drains may or may not hurt it varys between people ,it certainly hurt like hell for me for about 10 seconds and was the most painful aspect. Just grit your teeth in case you are unlucky and it hurts and time your painkillers to about 1 hour before.

Offline stevo_333

• Posting Member
Ok, don't want to sound like an idiot, but what do you mean by drains?

I've only just realised I need surgery, and have only started to visit sites such as this. Therefore i'm not to clued up.

Offline Done_n_dusted

• Posting Member
hello,

I had levick last november, consult was £100 and surgery was £3855. Best thing I've ever done.

For me the drains HURT - they gave me additional pain killers. As TommyA said it depends, some people don't even notice they've gone, don't let it put you off though bud.

Cheers.
Levick'd and Happy Nov 2006

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
I had gland removal and liposuction in Poland and didnt require drains at all.
I had rather large moobs pre op  and now im happy :)
If youve only got £2600 i reccomend Poland (circa £1400) and with the £1200 left over book yourself a Holiday to Florida :)
And for the record the pain was very very very minimal even for thye weeks following :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I guess I was one of the lucky ones because if you read my diary you will see the drains just popped out without any pain.  However bear in mind that you are on pain medication anyway.

As for the idea of having some booze after the surgery?  DON’T.  Alcohol reduces the ability of the blood to clot and you could easily haemorrhage, giving yourself a haematoma.  I had one of those (not due to any booze) and it slowed down the healing process on that side significantly.

Good luck with your surgery and remember .. the healing process takes a lot of time .. at least 6 months and nearer 12 months.  Be patient.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024