Author Topic: My bra experience so far  (Read 2207 times)

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
So I got my first bra last Wednesday.  Went with the Bali/Barelythere 103J based on a recommendation from CM2015 in my other thread.  Wore it that afternoon around the house just to get used to it.  The bra lifted by boobs and pushed them back against my chest.  While they were given a more feminine shape, they appeared smaller and not nearly as noticeable.  The straps and band took a while to get used to.

Thursday came the first big test: wearing it to work.  I put one of my darker (dark grey) work shirts on over it and could not see any signs of the bra underneath.  Satisfied with that, I went off to work.  First thing I noticed was that my boobs were no longer bouncing and jiggling as I traveled the rough roads to work.  This was an almost heavenly experience.  Before, I hit a bump in the road, boobs bounce, nipples rub the fabric, which was slightly painful.  Not this time.  I've been dealing with nipple pain for so long, that it almost brought a tear to my eye to be free of it.  At work, no issues.  No one seemed to notice anything, I forgot about the straps over my shoulders, but would still notice the bottom of the band from time to time.  I enjoyed looking down and seeing no breasts, and being able to lift my hand up to my face without brushing them.  Probably the best thing was that after a couple hours, my nipples did something that I can't remember them doing before.  My nipples "relaxed."  For the past several years, my nipples have usually stayed "erect" making them very sensitive and noticeable.  To have them go down felt so good.  That's when I made the decision that I would have to keep on wearing a bra.  Back at home, just had a t-shirt over my bra.  My wife never noticed (and still hasn't) that I'm wearing a bra.

Friday: Wore a lighter (khaki) work shirt.  Again, no noticeable signs of wearing a bra.  Enjoyed my commute and everytime I would go over one of the many bumps which would cause me discomfort, I just smiled that there was no bouncing and no pain.  In the evening, I had curling (yes, that sport that involved sweeping the ice with brooms)  This would be a bigger test.  Normally just wear a t-shirt and long sleeve shirt since while it is cold in the ice house, you do work up a sweat.  Wore a black shirt to try to hide any bra strap outlines showing through the shirt.  Checked at home, everything was good.  Went curling, was a little nervous about being discovered.  I found myself looking at the women curling to see if their bra straps showed.  That's when I realized almost all of them would have winter jackets on.  It was just us guys that would just have a shirt or 2 on.  So, I guess that solves their problem, but didn't help me.  Despite the cold, nipples again stayed in a relatively relaxed state.  Having the boobs controlled helped greatly.  No more bouncing and swaying as I went up and down the ice and felt more in control of my slides out of the hack.  In fact, I had one of my best games in a long time.  But that could just be a coincidence.  
After the match, I went back into the locker room and that's when I noticed that you could clearly make out the outline of the bra straps in the back of my shirt.  I don't know if it was the result sweating a little, or the overhead fluorescent lights or what.  But I could clearly seem them in the mirrors.  I was mortified.  Had people noticed?  If they did, did they think it was a bra or a tank top?  While I got a bit paranoid about that, I did take a little comfort in the fact that no one said anything.  Though I'm not sure how one would bring that up.  "Dude, you wearing a bra?"  I'm guessing if anyone were to bring it up, would be a woman, but neither the woman on my team nor the opposing team mentioned it.  We have a good representation of the LGBT community in our club, and the city itself is very LGBTQ friendly.  So it's possible that even if they did notice it and realized it's a bra, they just didn't care.  Still, I do worry that someone did notice and is thinking to themselves "He's wearing a bra?!  How dare he get his kink on while curling!" and if someone were to think that, I'd like to explain to them it's just because the bouncing and nipple pain had gotten to much.  But guess there isn't much I can do on that front unless they confront me.

The weekend so far: stayed at home relaxing for the most part.  Several times I've forgotten that I'm even wearing a bra.  The bottom band is usually what ends up reminding me.  

I'd never thought I'd say these words, but I'm very happy to be wearing a bra.  And to anyone reading this who has been on the fence, give it a try.  I wish I had done it years ago.  I'll be ordering more of the Bali 103J bras, but also giving similar ones a try as there might be even better ones out there.

bikerbob

I hear you.  The first time I went mountain biking wearing a bra I was hitting bumps on purpose because it felt so good to not hurt.  Driving without a bra makes me wince when I hit bumps so I seldom leave the house without one.
If anybody notices the bra, it will probably be a woman.  I have caught several women staring at my chest but I think it is the boobs they are noticing and not the bra.  Looking at photos of myself, it is obvious to me that I am starting to show a bit but in 2 years of wearing a pullover bra similar to what you have, not a single person has commented on it, including people who hug me.  I think the only time I have been busted was when I was wearing a Coobie 9060 which has thick edging on the shoulder straps and a couple of guys made it a point to pat me on the shoulder, but I think it is a little more bra than I need so I gave it to my wife.
Most bra companies sell something similar as low impact sport bras or leisure bras so shop around and you can find them in blues, greys and other manly colors so you don't have to get something girly unless you just want to.
Congratulations, you have turned an important corner.

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
Has your wife noticed you are wearing or have you mentioned it to her?

What was the reaction if she knows?

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I hear you.  The first time I went mountain biking wearing a bra I was hitting bumps on purpose because it felt so good to not hurt.  Driving without a bra makes me wince when I hit bumps so I seldom leave the house without one.
If anybody notices the bra, it will probably be a woman.  I have caught several women staring at my chest but I think it is the boobs they are noticing and not the bra.  Looking at photos of myself, it is obvious to me that I am starting to show a bit but in 2 years of wearing a pullover bra similar to what you have, not a single person has commented on it, including people who hug me.  I think the only time I have been busted was when I was wearing a Coobie 9060 which has thick edging on the shoulder straps and a couple of guys made it a point to pat me on the shoulder, but I think it is a little more bra than I need so I gave it to my wife.
Most bra companies sell something similar as low impact sport bras or leisure bras so shop around and you can find them in blues, greys and other manly colors so you don't have to get something girly unless you just want to.
Congratulations, you have turned an important corner.
I'll probably stick with the nude colors.  From what I've read, those are less likely to show through shirts.  If I were more comfortable with wearing bras, I probably would get the "manly colors".  There's a black/grey striped design in the model I wear that I would totally wear if it were a T-shirt.  Just don't quite get the purpose if it's going to be hidden under a shirt 99% of the time and the one person (besides me) who would see it (wife) probably wouldn't care.  So risk with no reward.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Has your wife noticed you are wearing or have you mentioned it to her?

What was the reaction if she knows?
Not yet.  She obviously knows I have man boobs and knows that I've had issues with bouncing and sensitivity, though I don't get much sympathy since she's an F cup (went all the way up to H when breastfeeding our daughter.  That was a fun time for me. ;))  I didn't want to bring it up until I was fully committed to wearing a bra.  Right now, I'm just getting a bit of enjoyment out of the fact that I've worn a bra in front of here for a few days without her knowing since she always makes a big deal if I don't notice when she dyes her hair. ;D

Offline blad

You do in fact quickly forget that you are wearing a bra. It just becomes like putting on like socks, and then it fades into the background.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

You do in fact quickly forget that you are wearing a bra. It just becomes like putting on like socks, and then it fades into the background.
Once I decided that I would wear bras for support, I was amazed at how fast I became accustom to the feeling. I suspect that was due to the fact that the support solved so many problems that it was wonderful relief. It was then I understood why women would not be caught dead not wearing one.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
IIt Took me awhile getting used to wearing a bra in public and at work. luckily I work security so nobody knew or could tell but mentally I felt like everyone could see the bra lines. After awhile, I got over that, then started wearing with out cares besides around certain situations.

aboywithgirls

A good bra is  like a  a good fiend. You miss it when it's not there. Ive been wearing a bra for over thirty years. I started at 13. People have noticed and accepted. I have breasts that need support. Im a 36H. There's no going braless for me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024