Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 7689 times)

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
  I am going to  have to disagree  with  you guys. As  horrible and  depressing as  this condition can  be to  our  emotional health etc, I  do not think  MEDICAL insurance  should  pay for it. Where do   we draw the line,  breast enhancement on women?  eyelifts,  chin lifts  etc...... there are arguments to  support all of these  operations , they are all equally  hard on the  person with the particular problem. My gyne is no  more serious  then a  young  girl with lop sided breasts.
        My insurance premium is  $1,080  a month now , and  thats a deal  after I did  some  manuvers to get a lower rate. If insurance companies have to cover  elective surgery , premiums will only rise.
          Nothing is free.........

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
I am going to  have to disagree  with  you guys. As  horrible and  depressing as  this condition can  be to  our  emotional health etc, I  do not think  MEDICAL insurance  should  pay for it. Where do   we draw the line,  breast enhancement on women?  eyelifts,  chin lifts  etc......

What?

Insurance should cover it because last time I checked, men aren't supposed to have breasts. If someone has gynecomastia due to puberty or some freak accident, then it should be the insurance company's job to take care of it. People who have caused it with steroids, marijuana, or etc. should be tough out of luck.

Comparing gynecomastia to implants, eye-lifts, and chin-lifts is a stretch. Those are obviously procedures which are 100% cosmetic. A 14 year old boy with a B cup size shouldn't have to suffer because his insurance company is ignorant to what gynecomastia is and how it affects someone. It is a medical condition unlike having droopy eyes for an eyelift. I'm sorry, but gynecomastia should be labeled as reconstructive surgery. Like I said before, men with breasts = not natural. I'm sure 9/10 doctors would agree.

Offline thatkoolkatal

• Posting Member
I could not agree more.  Luckily for me I have the financial means to go ahead with the procedure-I really feel for those who suffer with this condition who do not have those means.  It's a horrible, horrible condition that wreaks total havoc on the pysche of those who suffer from it.

If I ever become rich, I'm going to start a fund for those who suffer from this so they can have the surgery.

For me, the road has just begun. 

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
I was given a pamphlet on financing surgeries.  I didn't know that was even an option when I posted to this thread earlier.  I thought insurance was the only way I was going to be able to afford to pay for surgery but the pamphlet I got from the plastic surgeon makes it sound doable with what I earn in wages if I plan around it.  It sure gives me hope that this is really going to happen now.

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
You know Kool,  the foundation idea has gone through my mind as well.
Maybe someday..................................

Offline thatkoolkatal

• Posting Member
Norm, can you tell me where I can get such a pamphlet?

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
I got the pamphlet from the plastic  surgeon's office.  There is a web address on the pamphlet though.
capitalonehealthcarefinance.com
Norm

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024