Author Topic: Revision with Dr. Bermant (Crater Deformity)  (Read 3477 times)

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
You can also see my posts in the revision section: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21431.0

My Story:
I had my first surgery in 2006 for a minor case of gyne. I went to a local board certified surgeon after viewing many photos and asking a bunch of questions to include avoiding craters from surgery. I felt comfortable and had the surgery done. The next day I observed concavity on both sides, and asked my Dr. about it. He stated I needed to give the skin time to "tighten" up in his words. I found this unsettling because the skin was tightened around the nipple, but there was a hole that I could feel under the nipple. After six months I confronted my Dr. and told him I was not happy with the result of the craters, and he stated that my skin just didn't tighten up enough and there was nothing he could do. I was so mad after spending all of that money, and I looked worse with craters than with a mild case of gyne. In addition his scars looked ugly as he came to far away from the nipple on both sides. I thought about plastering his name all over this board, but I choose not to do so. I blame myself for not doing more research, it was a costly lesson. After my surgery I dealt with the craters for almost 5 years, and began to get more depressed about not being able to enjoy myself in the summer with my shirt off, gyne was still controlling me even though it was "gone." I had enough and started to research more about revision surgery and came across Dr. Bermant. His website had the most information with movies, which was important to me after being "fooled" with my first surgeon. I booked the surgery after having the remote discussion.

Surgery Experience:
Upon arriving in Chester I had my initial appointment and met with the Dr. Bermant. He was very meticulous when he was doing my examination, my previous Dr. basically felt my chest and stated yes you have gyne, and didn't draw his surgery markings on me until I was laying on the surgery table. I didn't know it at that time but now I realize how could I have gotten a good result with a technique like that? Dr. Bermant had me flex move in many differant positions and then drew his markings, and double checked it. I arrived the next day for the surgery and he again checked his markings to make sure he had it right. This is what a perfectionist does, not some just trying to take your money and on to the next client.

The day of the surgery I met with the anesthesiologist Jim, who I must say was a really nice guy. He just like Dr. Bermant explained the entire process making me even more comfortable than I already was. Jim brought me into the operating room where I laid down on the table, and was off to dream land shortly therafter. I woke up just as the procedure was ending, and didn't feel much pain at all. I got up and was wheelchaired to my car. This was policy, as I felt good enough to walk to the car on my own. That evening I went to a restaurant with my wife and had dinner with no problems. I was a little tired, but no big deal. I went back to my hotel room, took half a tab of pain medication that was prescribed and went to bed for the night. The next morning I didn't have full range of motion but good pretty much do everything except holding my arms above my head. I went back to see Dr. Bermant which consisted of more pictures and instructions on continuing to wear the garment I had on. Due to it being a revising surgery I had to stay in the area for six days. It was an inconvenience, but only because I was out of state. Me and the wife took this as a great time to visit the D.C. area and had a blast. After our short vacation was done I came back for my last follow up and had the dressing removed. Dr. Bermant took more photos and gave me information on scar care, and answered any and all questions I had.

Result:
The steri-strips are on right now and my tissues are still adjusting so I just cant wait till the healing stage is over so I can see the final result. Emotionally I allready feel so much better that I have this deformity behind me. It's been a long battle but I think I have finally won, with the assistance of Dr. Bermant of course. I will try to get some photos up in a couple of weeks.

My Recommendation to Others:
Although your surgeon my show you pictures of what appears to be a "successful" surgery don't be fooled. If I had to do it again I would ask to see close up of scars, ask how long of an incision they make, ask to see movies (which they probably won't have), ask to speak to previous clients. You get one chest, dont be like me and go to a surgeon because they are conveniently located near you, and their pictures "look" good.

I just want to add how nice the office assistant Jane was. She mad me feel so comfortable every step of the way, its hard to find her type of customer service around anywhere these days.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Nice, Cleveland.  I had a great experience with him and his staff too, though mine was a first-time surgery and not a revision.  I look forward to seeing your result pictures.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hi guy.. glad to hear it went well and you're happy thus far

Would you mind telling me how much your surgery was overall ? Including surgery/doctor's fee/ , anaesthetist fee , operating theatre fee , vest , drugs + any other fees there were ?

You can pm me if you want....

Basically a rough total for all costs other than travel, food and accomodation costs

much appreciated

cheers,

T
... and the saga continues

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024