Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Elliot Jacobs Sept 2010  (Read 7045 times)

Offline kwl04

• Posting Member
2 weeks post op

Things are looking good so far and I feel pretty good.  I'm really happy with the incisions on the areolas. I'm having trouble seeing them and I'm looking for them. My chest still feels a bit tight, but that's expected. I'm also experiencing slight itching at times and minor sharp pains that aren't a big deal.  All of this was expected.

I'm still swollen at bit and some of the tissue has turned hard as I was told it would.  My chest is uneven but it's only been two weeks and I don't expect it to be looking great.

The only concern I had at this point was that my areolas (expecially the left) is kind of puffy.  It kind of looks like it did before surgery, only a lot less puffy.  I became paranoid b/c I had taken and am still taking Propecia. I was afraid it'd somehow start this all over again. But then again, I'd been taking it for several years and I don't recall any drastic changes from when before I started taking it.  I felt around the area a bit and couldn't feel anything dense so I think we're good.

I emailed Dr. Jacobs w/my concern and gave me very sensible answers to my questions. I feel bad that I even brought it up b/c I think I just worry too much about everything and right now this has been the focus of my life.  I do need to relax and just roll with it.  I'm sure I'll be fine.  I was warned and recommend heeding the advice to not spend too much time in the mirror analyzing yourself.  You'll always find something wrong.  I also looked around here and found several other patients that experienced puffy nipples after surgery. I feel better.  Dr. Jacobs has been nothing less than great.  I really do appreciate him.

As of now I have two more weeks w/the binder full time before I'll take it off for anything more than a shower. I still plan on wearing it as much as possible though.  I'm looking forward to working out again, but I'll take it slow for sure.

Offline kwl04

• Posting Member
5 weeks today.

It's great taking the binder/vest off for a few hours.  I can put the binder on and pull it tight now by myself. It's great not having to rely on someone else.  I still wear it most of the day and frequently. I pretty much have full range of motion in my arms. I haven't started lifting weights yet, but have run some. My skin is still a bit numb on and around the nipple area.  I've been massaging some.  It doesn't show up well in the pictures below but the areas around the nipples have swelled above and to the outside of them.  It's giving me a more puffy look than before.

It's a bit annoying, but it's still early and I'm sure things will change. At times it feels like there's a bit of fluid in there.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member

Offline amethyst tint

• Posting Member
Your results look good so far. I'll be interested to see how things look at the three-month mark, six-month mark, etc. Everyone says that being patient is key, since a lot of healing happens in the first few months and beyond.

Did Dr. Jacobs use drains following the surgery? I've had one consultation so far (with Dr. Fielding in Toronto, who doesn't use drains).

Offline kwl04

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies.  No, Dr. Jacobs didn't use drains in my case.  I don't believe he uses them if I'm not mistaken.  Right after surgery, the bandages were soaked with blood/fluid on one side only, but not enough to penetrate into the vest.  It wasn't a big deal. 

I'm curious too how everything will change in the upcoming months.  Of course everything was flat right after surgery and 2 days later for the most part after I took the bandages off. I had noticed a little swelling that made my nipples puff out a bit then and it's gotten a bit worse as time has gone on.  I was massaging a bit last week, but it seemed to create just a bit more swelling so I stopped. I've since felt the hard lump everyone describes on here behind the nipple area.  I've started massaging again yesterday given my post op instructions from Dr. Jacobs to see if it'll help. It's hard to remain patient because you want to know how the final outcome will look right now, but it's part of the process and we all know it takes several months to get there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024