Author Topic: Anyone Else Do This? And Doctors Appointment.  (Read 1458 times)

Offline TheEnglishOne

• Posting Member
Hi im currently 17 , after finding some photos of my lower secondary school photos it became evidant that i have only had gyne for 1 year and a half and its always been a very mild form of it.

Does anyone find themselves when they go to buy clothes, that rather than seeing if the t shirt/polo shirt fits checks if their nipples protrudes badly through it? i find i dont care about overall fit but if my chest can be seen through it, its a mild form of gyne but i have an athetlic build and my left nipple gets very puffy but not my right one.

Doctors. I went to my local GP about a year ago and he said it will go away within time due to hormones. Since a year has passed no change. So i am planning to book a doctors appointment to have a blood test done to see if i have an issue regarding hormone imbalance , hyperthyroidism or anything else.

I am hoping, i have an issue thats causing it other than a hormone balance because they can all be treated.

But i am guessing it will be a low test to high estr because of my age.

Sorry for the long speech.

Offline xelnaga13

I shared your experience when shopping. My primary concern was limiting my insecurities. Now that I am post op, I still pick our cloths that limit my insecurities... They are just different now. Go figure.

Assuming you are in general good health, it's highly unlikely that your gyne is from chronic low T/ High E. More than likely pubertal gyne is caused by the rhythmic surges of several hormones. IMO- I believe that pubertal gyne is caused by surging testosterone converting to estrogen- in combination with high levels of HGH/igf-1.

Offline TheEnglishOne

• Posting Member
im just hoping when i go he doesnt give me the "it will go away " bs because i will be 18-19 by his expectations which then would be the full 3 years alledged for it go away.

I was going to raise the study that tamoxifen citrate may help .

Its been used alot in studies and i think in one i read, out of 10 patients , 8/10 of them their teen gyne completely subsided, and the other two noticed at 75% improvement.

Its used to treat breast cancer if im not mistaken.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Many Doctors, and General Practitioners especially, are not really very understanding when it comes to Gynecomastia. "It will go away in a year or two" remainst the common answer. That answere is right just often enough so that the Doctor feels justified and correct.

The truth is that the condition does become permanent in a significant number of men. If you have had the condition, without change, for a couple of years; then it has become stabilized and surgery is your only way to be rid of it.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024