Author Topic: compression vests!?  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
Hi i have been looking at a compression vest to maybe hide my gyne a bit, i was wondering if there are any success stories, and anyone recomends a certain type? and any good retailers in the uk?
Im not sure what to expect from it, it soudns really uncomfortable! but if i can hide my gyne this summer :) i can finally get a bit of sun on my arms!
I just dont want anything that is too clinical.. like  abig blue bra or something! you know what i mean..
Any advice would be much appreciated :)
Dan.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone!... I'd like your opinion too (from xperienced ppl), cuz I'm thinking about compression shirts, to hide my gyne until I can get my surge....

I'd like something like a tank top type compression garnment..... your help will be appreciated :)

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I bought one of the T-shirt types from www.amazon.com that worked well but was really difficult to get on and off without assistance.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Thanks milesed1 for your post.

Does every1 else know about the tank top types?

DrBermant

Hi i have been looking at a compression vest to maybe hide my gyne a bit, i was wondering if there are any success stories, and anyone recomends a certain type? and any good retailers in the uk?
Im not sure what to expect from it, it soudns really uncomfortable! but if i can hide my gyne this summer :) i can finally get a bit of sun on my arms!
I just dont want anything that is too clinical.. like  abig blue bra or something! you know what i mean..
Any advice would be much appreciated :)
Dan.

We have many patients, family members, and parents who have raved how a compression garment can really help while waiting for surgery or until stabilization of a problem.

Body shaping garments are a good temporary contouring solution.  They do not help remove or treat gynecomastia.  When the garment is removed, the gynecomastia is still there.  They can provide an emotional band-aid for the stress of contour issues and bouncing tissues.

There is a theoretical advantage for the person losing weight.  Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure.  These garments are designed to help with pressure and scar evolution.  With weight loss, there is the issue of skin shrinkage.  Pressure may help.  However, there are no studies to evaluate such issues.  Trying to desing such a study is difficult if not impossible.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severly Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient. Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.  We have tried many other brands and none seem to come close to what this one offers.

After surgery compression garments do not do well in pool water or sea water.  The salt or chlorine can damage the fabric.  There are Sun Protection Clothing Options designed for water use. 

A wet suit can also help.  Using a thin neoprene like Microprene can flatten the chest in water like a compression garment can help on land.  The after surgery garments do not work well in water, the wet suits do.  Both can be hot to wear, that is why I prefer a very thin garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
I used the 'Underworks' link on the front page and ordered the #978.  It looks just like an undershirt but has great compression. They are not expensive and last a long time.  You should check out some of the treads in the 'garments' section.  There are a lot of good suggestions there.  I have been thankful for mine every day since I got it.  It has made the hugest improvement in my battle with gyne.  I highly recommend them to anyone with gyne.  If I were able, I would buy every user on this board one to try.  It kills me to read stories of embarrassment and sadness on this page when so many people don't know that a fantastic solution can be delivered discreetly to your doorstep for just $40.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I love the underworks garments. They are great. They tend to run small. So order larger than you think you need.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline jrpadilla72

I JUST HAD SURGERY ON THE 31ST OF JANUARY.I BOUGHT A COMPRESSION VEST FROM UNDERWOKS. IT COST A MEASLY $40 AND THEY SHIP SUPER SUPER FAST.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
On regular t-shirts I'm M... so, if i'm ordering Underworks, should i order L or XL?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
On regular t-shirts I'm M... so, if i'm ordering Underworks, should i order L or XL?

The Lg would probably suffice. An XL may be loose on you and defeat the purpose.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
NP Dude!

I purchased a Med. from UW. Even though I am between a Med. and a Lg, I ordered a Med. to see how it would fit. Well, it's very tight... Comfortable when on, but very difficult to get on and off... So yeah, like Merle mentioned, get a size bigger than you would normally get.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024