Author Topic: Should I be worried?  (Read 1959 times)

BrandonPrice31

My right areola seems to be pushed in whereas my left one is completely fine.

This picture was taken a week after the operation. I'm scared that I might have the "crater" effect.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:01:32 PM by BrandonPrice31 »

Offline mildgyno

• Posting Member
its a common condition, nothing complicated..
i think your nipple has attached itself to your pectoral muscle...that's why it appears to be pushed in..
you have just had your surgery so i think you should discuss it with your surgeon..
it might go away on its own via massage or the surgeon will have to slice it up again and detach it from the muscle wall...
it would be best to come up with it on a post op checkup (you must have a post op checkup coming up)....
don't mean to scare you....good luck!!

BrandonPrice31

I saw him three days post surgery and he said everything looked fine and the operation was perfect. I have a follow-up in three weeks.

This surgeon happens to be the chief of plastic surgery in a major hospital in my area.

You sure it's not too early to say?

BrandonPrice31

Also: does the areola reduce size as months go by after the surgery?

Offline mildgyno

• Posting Member
If he is that experienced as you say then I certainly find myself not in a position to counter his statement...because neither am I a doctor nor have I gone through surgery...

But frankly brother, all I have done for past 6 months is a thorough research on gynecomastia and its all aspects...from the cases I have read..yours most certainly resembles a nipple attached to muscle of the chest..
I suggest you ask the doctors on this site for a professional opinion..Dr. Jacobs and Dr. Silverman are quite renowned and well knowledged doctors on this site....they can surely guide you...

And yes m a 100 percent sure this is the right stage because if I am right About your case (and  I am damn sure I am ) ...then it can be easily and economically resolved at this stage....
Wait any longer and you might find yourself paying extra for a re- surgery...
Bring up the topic and talk thoroughly with ur doc..discuss every aspect with him...
Good luck..!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024