Author Topic: How long after surgery till u had perfect results?  (Read 9226 times)

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
How long after surgery did it take untill you were totally happy with your results?

Im a little over a month now and im not totally happy. I still have hard tissue under my nipples that i hope will shrink.
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
It is *very* rare that male chest reduction/sculpture can make anyone 100% happy.  If any surgeon told me they could deliver that kind of result, I'd be out of there like a shot - never to return.

Most surgeons seem to suggest that the final outcome will not occur until around 9-12 months.  At one month post-op, you have a long way to go.

Just how well have your expectations been managed?  What did you discuss with your surgeon about final outcomes before you had surgery?

I am five weeks post-op. I would say I currently have 70% improvement.  I will go back to my surgeon at week 12 to discuss the results and will be reserving final judgement until then, if not later in the year.

Offline Spleen

I pretty much forgot about my old chest after 3 or 4 months.  Now 8 months post-op and it's like it never happened.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
I pretty much forgot about my old chest after 3 or 4 months.  Now 8 months post-op and it's like it never happened.

are you saying the results got better after 3 or 4 months and your happy now at month 8?

DrBermant

How long after surgery did it take untill you were totally happy with your results?

Im a little over a month now and im not totally happy. I still have hard tissue under my nipples that i hope will shrink.
How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften.

You can see other examples of early resuts:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after my gynecomastia surgery compaired to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue evolution and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compaired to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Beyond tissue healing, there is emotional healing.  Emotional Scars of Living with Gynecomastia can run deep as heard in this video where you can even watch tissues moving very early after very complex Male Mastopexy Internal Breast Lift Surgical Sculpture

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:49:52 PM by DrBermant »

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
i felt my chest was perfect the day after surgery. Only problem i had was pain. It looked good and stayed that way.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024