Author Topic: Dr.Bermant question.  (Read 3142 times)

Offline wizard

Hi! Does anyone know about how long the waiting time is?
Thanks

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
talked to their office a month ago or so...could get surgery around 6 weeks  after consultation...

had to wait 1 week for a phone consultation with Bermant
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:42:14 PM by gynebob3 »

Offline wizard

Thanks so much, I hope you can answer this as well...
Is the consultation the phone call? Because of a couple or reasons I have been unable to plan my surgery this summer. I was hoping I could do it before I went back to school halfway through September. So that doesnt seem possible?

I will call his office this week anyway, but I'm still not 100%sure I want him as my doctor.

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
In terms of being qualified, Dr. Bermant has shown to be an excelent doctor through his wealth of information on his site and participation through this board. If Dr. Bermant was in Canada, I would probably go with him aswell. But...just to ease your mind, it never hurt to look around for other doctors aswell, make some comparisions and make your choice.

Good luck bro:)
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

DrBermant

Hi! Does anyone know about how long the waiting time is?
Thanks

Scheduling consultations or surgery times vary in my office.  If you have a specific time requirement, my office attempts to accommodate time constraints as much as possible.  Jane is my office manager and can better explain our current availability.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
When doing the phone consultation do you have to include facial shots only reason I ask is that have some minor zits that appear time to time. And I know that is a concern when doing surgery with Dr. Bermant. I read where he prscribes medication for that?

DrBermant

When doing the phone consultation do you have to include facial shots only reason I ask is that have some minor zits that appear time to time. And I know that is a concern when doing surgery with Dr. Bermant. I read where he prscribes medication for that?

No, facial photographs are not necessary.  It is not the pimples that I am concerned about, it is infections and inflamed remote sites I am concerned about.  Germs do not know how to stay in one part of the body. Having elective surgery when there is an infection elsewhere is an significant risk that can lead to a disaster.  While I have not had problems, I have seen terrible consequences of other doctors' misadventures ignoring basic safety techniques for elective operations.

We operate on many patients with acne issues.  When concerns like this arise, we use prophylactic medications to minimize the risk of having to reschedule an operation.  However, safety should come first.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
OK thanks for the reply. What exactly are infections and inflamed remote sites that you are  concerned about. Zit like bumps on the nipple for example?

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
I know one area is the back as Dr. Bermant was concerned about it.

My doctor said I seem to sweat a lot on my back compared to other parts of the body and prescribed me an oral acne medication and a cream that have really helped.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 08:23:34 AM by Yoshi »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Ahh yes, I remember those days when I would get zits. My forehead and upper back were covered with them.  

Playing baseball all the time and wearing that sweaty baseball hat probably didn't help my forehead acne problem.

15 years ago, we'd use rubbing alcohol to dry the skin.  You kids probably have much better products today.

As Dr. Bermant says, he operates on many people with acne issues, but he uses medications to minimize the risk.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 09:30:19 AM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024