Author Topic: question for dr bermant?  (Read 4214 times)

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
dr bermant, is it true that results with surgery for puffy nips are not as convincing as ones with contour problems, like for your patients do nipples completely shrink after surgery? or is it a compromise. and do you have any puffy nips before and after pics of your patients?

DrBermant

dr bermant, is it true that results with surgery for puffy nips are not as convincing as ones with contour problems, like for your patients do nipples completely shrink after surgery? or is it a compromise. and do you have any puffy nips before and after pics of your patients?

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia. 

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Results for any operation depend on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), skill of your doctor, how you heal, after care, scar care, and many other factors.  I have many, many examples of patients who described their problems as "puffy nipples" on my website.

Gynecomastia Gallery - Pictures of Bodybuilders

Gynecomastia Gallery - Puffy Nipples

Gynecomastia Gallery - Teenagers and Adolescent Males

give me a place to put large views up.  Here are 3 more sections just refinished with large size views before / after surgery:

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery - part I

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery - part II

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery - part III

Is this what you were talking about?

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline weareinittogether

• Posting Member
Is there any truth behind lots of high pressure ice cold water on the chest can help  tighten the skin around the nipple permanently?

DrBermant

Is there any truth behind lots of high pressure ice cold water on the chest can help  tighten the skin around the nipple permanently?

Sorry, no: tightening of the muscles is only temporary. There are thin muscles just under the skin of the arola that tighten with stimulation that tend to flatten puffy nipples.  Once these muscles relax, the deformity hidden by the tightness is revealed again.  Check out this link to see how stimulation flattens the deformity.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024