Author Topic: Re: Haugrud in Calgary  (Read 2234 times)

Offline terkurung

I had my surgery yesterday

Hi everyone, I just want to share my surgical experience with Dr Haugard whom I am very pleased of.
I went to see Dr Haugard last November. I had had Gynecomastia since I was a child and was always embarrassed by it. I grew up receiving many verbal abuse and teases from friends and family which has greatly impacted my self-esteem. I tried working out and exercising to get rid of this boobs but if anything push-ups and other Peck exercises only made them bigger. Dr Haugard explained it to me it was not possible to get rid of them from exercise simply because the appearance were not caused by fat but by tissues as in Female breast. He also told me that there was risk of getting breast cancer. Can you imagine how humiliating that would be If I or you have that ? The best part of all, I didn't have to explain all of my childhood pain in great details to get his approval (and Alberta Health Care approval). He simply understood and he gently explained to me "men shouldnot have breast" and especially non functional breasts that are equally at risk of getting a cancer.

Anyway, so after waiting for about a year, I finally had the surgery. I arrived at the Rocky View General Hospital at 8:00 AM and after doing some paperwork. I met Dr Haugard again. He explained to me the procedures, and the post care activities that I shall follow. The nurses were super nice and helpful and explained to me again what He had told me several times (regarding post care activities and procedures). Exactly at 9:55 sharp (as promised by the super nice front desk lady), I went under the knife. I woke up around 1:00. My chest was flat and all wrapped with tensor (Yahoo). I also have two drain tubes that needs to be dumped out once in a while. The nurse explained to me that this is normal as the breast tissues are removed blood will try to fill that area. I should not be worried of still having the "male breast".  Today is my second day and tonight I will take a shower and will be able to see the new breast for the first time. I am excited and nervous. Overall, the surgery and the post operation procedures are very simple and easy. The biggest challenge for me was to explain my manager why I was taking some days off...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:02:25 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline AREM

• Posting Member
Congrats! I'm looking at getting my surgery done eith haugrud as soon as i can get an appointment, keep us updated with your recovery, id love to know how it turns out!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024