Author Topic: New here buying first bra  (Read 14127 times)

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
Well I'm going to get my first bra mainly for issues while walking or running.  I am very  self conscious and don't want any one to know I'm wearing one.  Some background of me.  When I was 16 my mom noticed I was not developing and hitting puberty.  I then for months had pain in my chest behind my nipples.  Turns out I had pituitary gland issues. So my testosterone was almost non existent.  I went to an endroconologus and they finally started testosterone shots for 6 months trying to kick start.  It worked but I had small breasts. It did not really matter because I was heavy set.  Issue now is I have been trying to lose weight lost 16 pounds already issue is my stomach is shrinking. My chest because it's mostly Brest tissue is not.  I walk fast about 3-8 miles a day. They bounce and hurt. I measured at a 42b-44b. I know small.  I finally very nervously mentioned this concern and pain to my wife asked her for one of her compression shirts.  She at first said it's all in your mind. Then she sorta moved to well if you feel you need it. She said no to her shirt what are you choices.  I said expensive compression vest which I read bad experiences or a sports bra.  She opted for me getting a sports bra.  So I'm sorta excited becaus walking won't hurt but she I think is uncomfterbal with the thought of me waring bra so I stoped talking to her about it.   So I am going to order the following read a ton of reviews and seems to be the best choice. I have to wait tell pay day Friday to order. :/ I want two different ones but don't think that will fly with my wife. I don't want anyone to know I have one on because I'm embarrassed. So I am thinking of wearing a heavy t shirt or light tshirt and a lose button down shirt. Think that would work?  This is the bra. "A glamorise double layer custom control sport-bra"

I may during the day just wear it while working from home because they sag and are not confertable. However I don't think I'm gonna mention it to her.  I noticed when I drive they now bounce also since I lost weight.  It's annoying.
Here is what  chest looks like.  Maby I'm not suppose to post that.  
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:59:57 PM by sofa »

hammer

I'll respond more later, I need to take my wife to work, but take a look in acceptance area and share the things in there with your wife! A bra is for supporting breast and it doesn't matter if there on a man or woman! I'm a 46H, but you would need to read "my story after all these years" in stories to see way I'm so big. But I've had breast all my life too.

We will talk more later!

Bob

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I'll respond more later, I need to take my wife to work, but take a look in acceptance area and share the things in there with your wife! A bra is for supporting breast and it doesn't matter if there on a man or woman! I'm a 46H, but you would need to read "my story after all these years" in stories to see way I'm so big. But I've had breast all my life too.

We will talk more later!

Bob

Thanks not sure she's ready for that but she may ease in over time.   I walked 9 miles yesterday and ran some and walked fast.  My right one upper and on the side is killing me. Massage or ice would work?  She suggested an ace bandage before I get the bra..  I wish I would of done that yesterday..  I am takeing the morning off and maybe the day from walking. 

hammer

When mine were hurting it was usually a sign that they were growing again, unless they hurt because they got hurt from being hit or pinched.

I have pictures of how big they got in the thread "I'm bigger then I thought"!

I always thought I was about a DD but I went to a professional fitting on the advice on my primary care doctor at the VA hospital. My wife went with my as well to support me. I was treated with the up most respect be the lady. I was fitted for many different bras. My size was 46H but depending on the manufacture I can use a 46F - 46H. So a fitting is very important.

60% of the male population have breast. Wearing a bra to make them more comfortable is a personal choice. It helps when our wife's and family or also on board with us! For many of us they are! Mine are 100%

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
When mine were hurting it was usually a sign that they were growing again, unless they hurt because they got hurt from being hit or pinched.

I have pictures of how big they got in the thread "I'm bigger then I thought"!

I always thought I was about a DD but I went to a professional fitting on the advice on my primary care doctor at the VA hospital. My wife went with my as well to support me. I was treated with the up most respect be the lady. I was fitted for many different bras. My size was 46H but depending on the manufacture I can use a 46F - 46H. So a fitting is very important.

60% of the male population have breast. Wearing a bra to make them more comfortable is a personal choice. It helps when our wife's and family or also on board with us! For many of us they are! Mine are 100%

Well I hope it's just from running... They really haven't grown since I was a teen however my body is changing drastically with excersize. I take lamictal for epilepsy I heard in a small % they have breast growth.  It hurts a tad like it did when I first got them but not to bad however that was more directly under my nipples back then. I guess I will know if I start not fitting in my new sports bra I'm getting because it is sized for b cup not a generic one..  Now that my stomach is thinner I'm really starting to notice them...  Not an intended side effect of getting into shape I guess..  I have an ceribral avm. Look it up scary stuff.  So losing weight and getting my blood pressure down is more important than hiding my chest...  The avm actually may of caused the pituitary gland issues.  I ended up being two years younger in bone age.. I always joked about how I was two years younger...   Wow it feels good getting all of this out....

edit: Just told my wife they hurt  she said im obsessed about this and they are not to big enough to hurt from excersize majorly.. BTW she has 42 DD so she knows... I may cool it for a bit...Just wear the bra when I excersize and so on and just not mention it any more..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:16:22 AM by sofa81 »

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
BTW im 99.9% sure I have Gynecomastia I can even feel the glandular tissue i had the major hormone imbalance as a teen.  But definitely looking at the pictures it looks like I have it?  It was funny my wife did not really think about it tell 2 years ago, when I had my shirt off and she was like you chest looks like girl boobs. I dont think it clicked.  That pic is from the side with my arms down. Well except for the one taking the picture.

I want you alls thoughts.  Im about 41-41.5 above, 43 bust, 39-39.5 bellow.  According to 85b.org/bra_calc.php  I am a 44B...  I used the Glamorise one glamorise.com/size-calculator/ for the people who make the bra but it says 42B but just takes the above and bust measurements into account. I read online people said to order a size bigger.. So I think I am just going to order a 44b.. Thats one size bigger than its calculator.. I think the one that takes 3 measurements takes the rib cadge into account and since my rib cage I asume is bigger than womens, it is taking that into account..  I just don't want to get something that is way to tight..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:42:10 PM by sofa81 »

hammer

Yes, you do have gynecomastia! Gynecomastia means male breast enlargement and that you do have!

As far as bra fitting, I highly recommend getting it done at a good store! As I stated in one of my post the bras will run different from each manufacture so you could spend a ton of time and money trying to find something that fit right. I know this sounds scary, but everyone here on the forum has had good experiences doing it, and I for one will be getting all my bras in the future this way!

BTW, where do you call home as far as country? I'm in the USA, Minnesota, however years ago I was in the Navy and have been in a lot of places.

Bob

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
Yes, you do have gynecomastia! Gynecomastia means male breast enlargement and that you do have!

As far as bra fitting, I highly recommend getting it done at a good store! As I stated in one of my post the bras will run different from each manufacture so you could spend a ton of time and money trying to find something that fit right. I know this sounds scary, but everyone here on the forum has had good experiences doing it, and I for one will be getting all my bras in the future this way!

BTW, where do you call home as far as country? I'm in the USA, Minnesota, however years ago I was in the Navy and have been in a lot of places.

Bob

Haha thought I might as well ask.. I dono at least mine are sorta normal looking.  I now know why when I was a kid my mom got me a dr note on skipping showers in gym class. After we we found out about it.  I basically always wear a shirt when swimming.  I did however try it at the beach without one. That lasted all of about 30 min tell I decided to put my shirt back on. HAHA.. It is kinda handy because you don't have to put sun screen every where.

Im in Georgia USA...  I am mainly going to just wear it when excersizing and maybe some around the house especially when sitting at the computer they get annoying..  Now if one day they end up C's or D's I probably will have a talk with the wife about waring them all the time.. At a B her response will just be.. They are not that big which I got this morning. Now if she saw me at a C or D she may be more ok with it. Not that I want them to grow because I don't want them to grow any more if possible. At that point she actually probably needs to be fitted she never can get a good bra.  LOL maybe we could go together. LOL..  I don't want any lacy things or things that show to much cleavage. I actually got mad at her when she bought me a v neck..  I think because I don't want people to think I'm waring girly stuff.. LOL

hammer

Go get a fitting together, the fitter might let your wife know that it is very common for men to get it done! I don't know if you have them down there but I went to a place called Allure in St. Paul, MN for mine and I was told they do men with gynecomastia all the time. As I said my doctor at the VA told me that I should do it as well.

As for winters, you don't know what winter is! I was stationed in The pan handle of Florida and good old Norfolk  VA in the Navy and winters are a joke compared to Minnesota!

BTW, you post in the lounge area about the your into photography, my youngest daughter is a journalist in the Navy and that is also part of her job as well! The only one out of 4 living children that followed Dad to do some military time.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
Well winters down here are normally between 20s and 40s..  In january and rely February its 30s to teens.  I have long cycling pants not quite as tight as like yoga pants but tighter than sweat pants so it does not get caught in the spokes. I may wear those and a light jacket.. Later on I will need a big coat.

Im a military brat because of epilepsy could not go military.. 

Offline jdb

• Posting Member
Hi Sofa,
Like many here I wear a bra for support and like you I do not want to show that fact.  I have ended up wearing a front fastening sports bra with a racer back.  The racer back stops any strap lines showing through the shirt, the front fastening means that there is again no rear fastening to show through through.  I was always paranoid that in any sort of queue the person behind has nothing else to do but look at your back and standing behind any woman you soon notice bra straps.  The bonus with front fastening is the ease to get the thing off and on, being over 60 I am not as flexible as I once was.  The bra I chose is a Moving Comfort Grace bra which is a compression type bra and tends to flatten the breast.  My chest is narrower than yours but I have a bigger female shaped bust at a 38 DD, so braless I can really stand out.  According to my wife with this Grace bra I can walk around in a button down loose shirt and do not attract a second look.
I do have a plain cotton underwire bra which I have to say is a great deal more comfortable to wear but I cannot wear it in public without a jacket on of some sort as I look very busty with it on.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
That definitely is added to the list.  I plan on getting two  so I can wash one and ware one.  It can be if I ever am hikeing or running with some one who dosent know bra. LOL.

So people can't notice the racer back?  I was walking through wall mart a few min ago and I could tell on a couple of girls.  You just ware a lose shirt?

hammer

A lose shirt helps and a button down shirt is great, you can't tell at all then!

In cooler weather a tee shirt one size bigger and a open button down.

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
Yay that's my plan lose heavy t with lose button down shirt.  I actually am going to add gaffers tape to where the strap adjusters are to even if I bend over and it gets tight it will just look like a bulge not a adjuster people are use to..  I may be able to make the whole thing look like a smith strap then get a wife beater under shirt to mask it.  I hate that name but don't know how else to say it. We will see how the first idea goes then go from there.  I think the main time it could be an issue is if I bend down to tie my shoe or something.

hammer

I have to tell you, the chance that someone will even notice is slim to none, and slim left town!

Have you looked at my picture of me in my new bra? If not, look at it! I wear nothing but a tee shirt over that, now it is one size to big, but just a tee shirt! I go to one of my favorite stores (harbor freight, Lowe's, Cabela's) that way with or without the bra or to the VA hospital around all the other vets and never looks or questions or comments, not a word!

The reason is other people are to busy worried about their own problems and issues to be thinking about yours or looking at you or trying to see if you have breast or even wearing a bra to support those breast that you might have.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024