Author Topic: why can puberty gyno go by itself sometimes and not adult ones  (Read 2603 times)

Offline rockstar6181

• Posting Member
I have heard of many cases where teenages get gyno and it corrects itself over a couple of years down the line however there seems to be a strong view that adult based gyno cant go even if hormones are corrected?

any views or expirences on this?

Offline Diesel

• Posting Member

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Not all gyno is hormonal.

ALL glandular gyne IS based on hormonal effects.

Simply put, the gland grows because of the effect oestradiol (a hormone) has upon the oestrogen receptors within the breast.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:01:30 PM by Time_to_fix_it »
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
I have heard of many cases where teenages get gyno and it corrects itself over a couple of years down the line however there seems to be a strong view that adult based gyno cant go even if hormones are corrected?

any views or expirences on this?

Any form of adult onset gynecomastia should be investigated.  It can be caused by a huge number of conditions, diseases, side effects of drugs etc.  However it is my understanding that if the cause is temporary and quickly corrected, the glandular growth can resolve itself just as it does after puberty.

However if the gyne has been around for some time then most people are looking at surgery to get rid of it.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024