Author Topic: Sudden pain, minor swelling behind nipple... 1 year post-op! O_o  (Read 2328 times)

Offline vintage

• Posting Member
Hello friends,

It's been 12 months since Dr. Karidis performed surgery and I've been quite happy with the results. (/smf/20/surgery-by-karidis-%287411%29-%28with-pics%29/)

Strangely enough, tonight I woke up with discomfort from my left nipple area and it appears that it's also a bit swollen behind the areola. It's not visible on camera but it's definitely not like it was until yesterday!

I was generally a bit sensitive around my left nipple after surgery all this time but it was so minor I didn't bother at all. But today it's quite different, I apparently feel pain when I put minimum pressure on the slightly swollen nipple!

As for the right side, it only looks better by time (I had a minor crater formed).

Should I get worried? Is there a chance of cancer? What in the world could have happened overnight (absolutely no chance of trauma, I don't work out and I've been single since Christmas  :P).

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
I think its very easy to get paranoid and think the worst especially if you use Google to diagnose medical conditions.  There is a 24 x 7 telephone number you can ring for Karidis on call nurse.  I'm sure she can put your mind at ease. 

Worst case get yourself down to primary care to get it checked out if you feel discomfort.  However as it's swollen and in pain it could be as simple as scar tissue, muscle, infection, fluid build up ie it could be anything.

If it was anything serious i doubt you would fell the pain.  Either way i dont think you should worry but rather get it either checked out or give the nurse a call and see if you can advise.  I'm sure they have had cases like this before.

Offline p4ul83

• Posting Member
I'm in exactly the same situation, it's just over a year since my op and I had a crater/inverted nipple on the right side. Recently I've noticed a bit of pain and tenderness under the right nipple and the crease seems to have filled out. At first I thought it was a good thing and looks a bit better to be fair but my concern is that the gyno is coming back.

It seems like the surgery took away the problem but the cause of it can only be a hormone imbalance if it's returning. Maybe it takes a long time (12 - 14 months) for scar tissue to settle and thats what we are noticing at this stage.

Anyone else had similar thing around a year after surgery? what was it?   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024