Author Topic: surgery 2mro  (Read 1657 times)

Offline omega

• Silver Member
ok so im gettin my surgery done tomorow. lipo and excision. not so nervous right now. but i wana get over it reall bad... ive been sufferin from gyno since i was 11... just a bunch of question i have. is it very painful?? anything i shud or shudnt do that cud make a difference to the surgery? wud it be cool if i workd out like pushups or smthn b4 the surgery?? anythn u guys wud advice me on?

Offline omega

• Silver Member
also 1 more thing. the stitches around the areola, do i hav to get those taken out days after the surgery, or do they jst fade away themselves or smthn

Offline jessegyne

• Posting Member
Well all I can say is good luck  ;)

Offline urbz

• Posting Member
Don't sweat it.  I had mine on Wednesday and everything's just fine.  It kind of depends on your pain tolerance and how well you react to things, but I haven't had to take any painkillers at all.  But I have a pretty high pain tolerance and don't feel pain as bad as some people.  It doesn't really matter what you do before the surgery, but if you don't work out much, I wouldn't recommend starting right now, just because you would have the added pain from working out in addition to the surgery pain.  The muscles would be tearing down and rebuilding themselves, and along with the rest of the area, that has the potential to be uncomfortable.  But if you work out a lot and a few pushups wouldn't normally bother you, go for it.  Just take it as it comes.

And usually the stitches aren't self-dissolving.  Most surgeons will have you come back later and take them out.

Good Luck

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
I had my surgery yesterday. Don't worry. Drugs are a miracle. Did they give you and valium? That will make you feel better the morning of surgery. The whole thing is an interesting experience. The IV is nothing to worry about. They will get you all ready, walk you to the operating room, lay you on the bed and boom you'll be put out. Suddenly, you wake up almost as if no time has passed, and you'll feel very comrfortable. After a little while, you're ready to go home! Just make sure you stay on top of taking your drugs and pain killers, and you'll feel pretty comfortable man. There is almost no pain at all. Make sure you keep the vest on tight, and ice to limit swelling. Don't sweat it.
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024