Author Topic: Gyne and race?  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I am curious of the statistics.  What is the % of cases of Gyne with respect to age and race?  Has that ever been determined at all?  Is there data readily available to look at, even raw data?  (yes, I am sick that way and like to crunch numbers...)

Thanks!

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
no numbers but seems like native amrican and samoans score high?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With respect to age, It is common in the newborn but usually resolves by the age of six months. The condition is more common than not in early puberty diminishing in about half the people within 2 years. As the hormones diminish with age, if becomes more common again in old age. Overall, the total incidence is often thought to be somewhere near 1/3 of a males. I think that the numbers are off and that as the term is now used to include "puffy nipps" it would have to be said that the condition is present in almost half of all males. As the term was originally applied in ages past, I think it would have only been used to describe fully contoured breasts.

Some men seem to ignore the condition completely. For others, it has a severe impact upon their self image. Size or degree does not seem to be an issue in this regard.

I do not think that race is an issue, Gynecomastia seems to be an equal opportunity embarrassment.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with Paa_Paw -- gyne has no known predilection for race or ethnicity -- it is an equal opportunity condition.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I do not think that race is an issue, Gynecomastia seems to be an equal opportunity embarrassment.

:P   I like that....   Equal Opportunity Embarrassment...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Nice!

:P   I like that....   Equal Opportunity Embarrassment...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024