Author Topic: Revision Surgery - Mr Levick  (Read 4439 times)

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Quick update...

The left hand side is pretty much completely flat - but the problematic right hand side is quite swollen.

Overall it's much better than it was - but the right side is hurting a lot more and there is definite swelling.

I'm wearing the compression vest all the time at the mo, even though it's massively frustrating!

Guess its a small price to pay...

I'll try and get some pics uploaded later on, when I get my mac up and running again.
Surgery with Mr. Levick on Thursday 18th August 2011 - currently recovering!

Offline unclear

• Posting Member
Hi Kieran,  I had revision with Mr Levick too, the day after you did.
I don't think needing revision is particularly uncommon.
Best of luck with the recovery.  Second time lucky?  :)

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Hi Unclear,

Yeah - maybe revision surgery isn't a bad thing...

How long do you intend to keep your compression vest on? Did Mr. Levick put any bandages on after surgery or just leave it open?

I'm really hoping it works this time...so frustrating!

Offline unclear

• Posting Member

I wore a bandage for a day or so (as I didn't have my vest handy), but am wearing the vest now, and will be for two weeks after the surgery.

No point being frustrated.. nothing you can do about it except stick with it.
We're lucky that our additional treatment was covered by the original payment.  I'm betting some of the cheaper alternatives wouldn't have covered this.

Offline thetodd

Glad its sorted

Vest is crap but hey its only two weeks. Dont even analyse it just relax

Very few peoples chest are symmetrical, mine isnt.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
It's really hard to not be critical and analyse. I tried a shirt on for the first time last night without my vest on and I can't exactly say that I was happy...I know it's only been a week since surgery but it's still frustrating to see.

Are people completely pancake flat after surgery? Because I've never EVER been pancake flat. Always had a bit there...

Am I being too critical?! Am I craving perfection when I'm not even gonna get close?!

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Hey buddy, just try and not analyse anything for another 6 odd months because you know from first hand experience just how much is goes up and down over the first few months.

I've always thought the thing for us guys is we are already conscious about our chest hence why we got surgery in the first place, so naturally we are going to analyse and study it and want it perfect. Best advice I can give you is google image search mens chests and see just how average to bad a lot are and how unsymetrical a lot are...the same guys that don't have "perfect" chests are ideal pin ups for a lot of women, meaning the image of the chest is in our minds a lot more then it probably is your average guy or lady and the average person wouldn't even looks twice at your new chest, they would think there is nothing wrong, but  because we have this "perfect" image in our heads we benchmark it against that.

My chest isn't perfect but it's in a completely different league to the place it was a few months ago. Im learning to live with the small imperfections

Offline thetodd

Its hard to tell because your not standing in front of me, but from my experience i can remember my posture being a major part to play. I remember my mates saying.

"why the f*ck are you walking like a monkey"

its because i used to hunch over and fix my arms forward because i was worried about having a side boob lol. My advice would be to make sure your standing up straight imagine someones tugging you up straight like a puppet itl make you look confident and your chest will look better.

If your wearing a tight fitting shirt, your chest may be visible you just need to find shirts that are cut right for whatever frame you are.

Post some pics up anyway mate, but dont worry it will even out.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Quick update.

The left hand side seems to keep improving - there is hardly any pain and it looking ok overall.

The right hand side still seems quite mooby - I'm hoping it's just swelling - it's so much more painful than the left - very tender and hurts to move about. I can also feel a lot of movement when walking or moving about.

After the operation and in the following days, I noticed that there was a lot more bruising on the left hand side than the right - yet the right is now hurting an awful lot more.

I'm still wearing a compression vest too - intend to wear it as much as I can.

I really hope that it isn't coming back. I'm not sure I can deal with it much longer. :(

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
2 weeks post op today!

Trying to stay as upbeat as possible, and also following the tips given by you lot on here.

I'll definitely get some pictures up tonight - will hopefully give you a better understanding of what I mean...

Thanks again for listening/reading.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Evening lads,

I'm a few weeks post op now and there is improvement - significantly so on the left hand side - but the right hand side looks like it might still be quite big.

I've got an appointment with Mr. Levick next Tuesday.

Trying to stay positive...it's hard though.

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Hi mate,

appreciate your updates. I have been following your story with interest as I will be having surgery with Levick also. Its unfortunate things haven't been working out so smoothly for you regarding the surgery, but its good to hear your seeing improvements now. Hopefully, with time and Levicks guidance, it will get to a point where your satisfied. good luck with the review consultation anyway.

also mate, for your revision did you undergo GA again? I was wondering because i think Levick said something about certain revisions being able to be carried out under local but that might just be for draining fluid or something. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024