Author Topic: Dr. Elliot Jacobs  (Read 9716 times)

Offline BigApple

• Posting Member
Two weeks ago I saw a segment on Discovery Health Channel's Plastic Surgery show which featured NYC PS Elliot Jacobs an a teenage patient. It was very informative, but also emotional when you see the satisfaction on the kid's face and his dad too.

My neighbour alerted me to this telecast since her son underwent surgery with Dr. Jacobs and he not only looks great but also underwent a social transformation.

I think Jacobs' website is www.plasticsurgeonnewyork.com. I imagine the telephone number must be on the site. I have also seen a number of positive comments about Jacobs posted on this forum.

Offline jk11375

• Posting Member
I have had lipo done by Dr Jacobs. He is amazing and the staff is great. I could not be happier with the results.

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
  • I have gyno?  Doo!!!!!!
Good to hear I am in the process of saving up for the hospital cost and anathesia.  i plan on having my gyno surgery with Dr. Jacobs in the next month or two. I missed that telecast but I would love to see it.

Offline bx2530

My son had his first surgery with a doctor in NYC, the next day he was almost in tears because he felt the worst part was still there; three months later, the same doctor did "a revision" which we did not have to pay for...one side was okay, the other was STILL not right.  Then we found this board and the reference to Dr. Jacobs; we of course wished we had found him sooner as he is so experienced with the procedure.  Dr. Jacobs did another revision about 5 months later, my son thinks it is excellent, is still in the healing stage .....hopefully he will write in soon to say that it is very good and "case closed" on this uncomfortable part of his life; as a parent I'm sorry he had to wait until he was 21 to get it done......it was very nerve-racking to deal with general anasthesia (altho Dr Jacobs did not use general)...but I realize how important the situation was/is for a young man

Offline BigApple

• Posting Member
Your comments are so important. Corrective surgery can be a challenge, so it's always best to try and locate the best possible PS from the get-go. (I don't mean to be a Monday morning quarterback). The one time that I caught Dr. Jacobs on Discovery Health Channel it was in fact about a teen getting the procedure. I recall he was lanky so the gyne was even more obvious. They also showed the results and they were amazing. The kid was a little shy but he spoke with great confidence about how the surgery changed his life.

Offline saidlatagyno

I had my gyno removed by Dr. Jacobs this past Tuesday and he is super nice, and I think he did an excellent job.  It is a little scary looking at my chest with the stitches and my nipples looking bloody but I'm so pleased at how flat and sculpted my chest looks, I just hope my nipples look normal once they heal.  Did anyone else whose gone through the surgery worry at first that their nipples looked too flat, I dont know if its me being paranoid and it being funky becuz of the stitches and blood or what........but deep down I think it will be fine once it heals, I'd definetly reccomend Dr. Jacobs to anyone looking for a surgeon...

Offline DrCut

• Posting Member
I had surgery with Dr Jacobs on Feb. 11.  I paid 8300 in total for the surgery.  I recommend Dr Jacobs without any reservation, though.  That guy truly is a Park Avenue surgeon!

Offline ro347

• Cant wait for the day to be free!
$8300....why so much?

I am looking to possibly have him do mine soon....so any input would help.  :)

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
$8,300 !!!!! holy christ
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

timbo

$8300?  Is that typical of the New York area?  I suppose you get what you pay for, but I'm glad I'm in the Midwest!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Dude, for $8300 you better have gotten a half-hour with the nurse in the back room.  ;D

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
this guy sounds like a rip off...what exactly is he doing that is worth double that of the next most expensive guy...

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I dunno but its fishey how all the people who put good experiences in for him all have under 20 posts!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
LOL! Good point, Vaio.

Also, that original poster in this thread sound like he's reading from a script.  :-/

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
It's understandable why surgery with Dr. Jacobs is more expensive than 'average'. He's an experienced surgeon with a very good reputation. And with a large, modern office in Manhattan, you can bet his rent ain't exactly cheap.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024