Author Topic: Can spironolactone and cunnilingus cause too much growth?  (Read 3850 times)

Offline ally

I've been spironolactone for 2 months now and seem to have some significant breast growth. My wife thinks my chest just looks really buff like I have been working out, but to me they look like boobs.

I feel like people are staring at my chest sometimes. A coworker told me that cunnilingus will accelerate the growth. Is this true?
And can sexual stimulation as in rubbing the breast also cause more growth. My doctor told me none of the above will affect the growth and that I should continue with my medication for another month.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Well, I'm not really informed about spironolactone, but I do know that sexual stimulation will not cause more growth.  I used to think that people were staring at my chest too.  But, I had the surgery done a few months ago, and there are still times I think that people are staring at my chest.  I think that 90% of the time it's all in your head.  I'm not sure what your case looks like.  If you can post pictures, we could give you a better opinion.  Good luck brother.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

I would suggest you have a look at the following link http://www2.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/showpreparation.asp?id=2448

Listed under possible side effects of this drug is ..... “Abnormal enlargement of breasts in men (gynaecomastia)”

I’d have a word with my doctor if I were you to see if there are any alternative medicines you could take that reduce the possibility of this potential side effect.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
A coworker told me that cunnilingus will accelerate the growth. Is this true?

::) ::) ::)  Naw dude, you cannot get Gynecomastia or have the growth accelerated from cunnilingus.

Enjoy the moment and don't worry about it...   ;D

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
yeah as a pharmacy student: Spirinolactone is def. associated with gynecomastia. i want to say it may be due to the fact that spirinolactone inhibits the synthesis of testosterone in the testies.  I don't know why your taking the aldosterone antagonist.  But you may want to talk to your doctor about your adverse effect of gyno (which about 10% of guys on this drug will get).  And you may want to mention a drug called Eplerenone (brand name Inspra).  This drug is also an aldosterone antagonist (like spirnolactone)  and there have been studies that this drug does not cause Gyno like spirinolactone does. 
I def. payed attention this day in class when everyone was snickering about 'man boobs'.....man i was like ok NEXT TOPIC PLEASE!

hope this helps man 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024