Author Topic: How many times do I have to travel to Mississauga for surgery with Lista?  (Read 3213 times)

Offline AntherGuyWGyno

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm from the Windsor area, about 3 hours and 45 minutes of a drive south of Mississauga according to google maps. I'm planning on calling Dr. Lista's clinic sometime early next week and Ive tried searching for this information already but couldnt really find any clear information. I'm aware that I will need to book a consultation first and then travel to his clinic for that consult date. I read an example where someone had a second consult and I'm wondering if that is necessary. I'm also assuming that besides the day of the surgery itself, I will most likely have to book a hotel room in Mississauga for the night and see him one day post-op, correct? Am I missing anything?

Will I just need to make these two trips, the consult day and the operation day and overnight stay for the post op visit? Is there any post op visit weeks after or anything?

Thanks for your replies in advance :)

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
book consult, go.  go home.  2nd consult over the phone a few weeks before surgery.  surgery eve, go to hotel.  day of, have surgery.  stay another night, see him the next day.  go home.  one week later come back for 2nd post op app't.  then go home.  then it is up to you really...come back in one month.  then come back in 3-6 months.  or whenever, he will see you whenever u want.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude, apparently you can have a 'Phone Consult' with Dr. Lista...

So I had a consult over the phone today with Lista. They said they could get me in the 2nd of August.

So you might be able to swing just one trip (surgery/day after check-up) out to Mississauga.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
I would budget about 5-7 visits over the next year.  I had to go get my bloodwork done twice because the first results were not definite.  So there may always be some complications like that to expect.  Maybe there is a clinic in Detroit that is good too?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024