Author Topic: Do I have Gyno?  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I also get that “there’s no way I’m that big” thoughts, until I put on my bra and totally fill it out. Male breasts are different, but putting them in a bra that’s meant to lift and shape, actually lifts and shapes. I think because we fill the sides out more than the middle causes us to minimize our actual volume. YMMV 🤷‍♂️

p.r.1974

I here the "No way that I fill that" thought. Being in a 46C, and then a 44D with weight loss has been a challenge to wrap my head around.

Offline SideSet

Exactly.  Many, including ourselves,  end up being very surprised at how big our bra cup sizes are. 

I remember checking out one time and the sales associate at the register being very impressed and a bit surprised that I was a DDD.   The sales associate who had helped me in the fitting room said to the sales associate at the register, yes, he completely filled those DDD cups;  The bra just seemed to gather up everything and put it right in the cups of his bra. 

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
 While a lot of the people posting here may not be DDD,  they probably are bigger than they think, and in need of wearing a bra 

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I agree that a need for support is a need for support.  I remember as a teenager or young adult thinking that any cup size bigger than a D was gigantic.  Now I realize that breast size and cup size don't always line up.  Sometimes it does though.   I'm a 42C or 40D in most of the bras I wear, but I wouldn't call my breasts huge.  They are definitely big enough to need support, but I find that I don't pay a lot of attention to my size except when I'm shopping for a new bra.  

Offline SideSet

I agree about breast size and sometimes being misleading. 

I know way back when I was a B cup, I definitely had breasts that I couldn’t fully hide, But I didn’t fully need the support of a bra, although it felt better getting that support.

There comes a point where it’s essential to wear a bra both for comfort and appearance. In my opinion, that is a C cup, as by the time you are a D cup, it really isn’t up for debate: you need to wear a bra

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
C or above too big to go braless. 

In my opinion many women, and people here, underestimate bra sizes

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
For what it may be worth, I basically look like you do, Shay.  As @Dudewithboobs and @SideSet have been pointing out, your decision really comes down to comfort.  If you are generally comfortable with your appearance and just want to "hide" things a bit, there are garment options available outside of surgery.  If you want to be rid of and "over and done" with this, surgery is the only way to go.

I'm not getting the impression that you have had an honest and open talk with a physician about your condition yet?  There are lots of things that can cause a man's breasts to enlarge, and not all of them require surgery to correct.  It may indeed be a permanent thing without surgery, but it may also be as simple as cutting back and/or eliminating something you ingest that is causing a hormonal problem for your "system".

I happen to be a "pseudo" case myself; I have been examined, poked and prodded, mammogramed, etc., many times to date, and the result has never changed -- I just tend to store fat in my chest and belly more than other men apparently do.  If you've heard the phrase "Chocolate goes straight to my thighs", my equivalent is "Chocolate goes straight to my chest" :)

I have a dresser drawer that has both Female and Male "garments" in it -- I have Male compression garments in there and I also have Female bras/"camis" in there.  Due to the pandemic not many of them have been worn in the past year in order to give you any kind of accurate assessment, but if it helps …

• Female garments generally have less compression and more "shaping" than their male counterpart garments in the chest area, and like to favor the small "spaghetti straps" that are not commonly associated with men
  • If your breast tissue is very wide-set (common), anything you try on will probably hurt you under the arms and it's too small for you; return and order up the size.

TL; DR version - do the training, but it's dry and is best suited on mute :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024