Author Topic: weight gain during recovery  (Read 2116 times)

Offline fl3a

• Posting Member
Like a lazy idiot Ive gained 25 lbs since my surgery and needless to say my chest doesent look so flat anymore. If I went back down to my old weight would my chest flatten out? Or because I gained the weight during the recovery time would my results be permanantly hurt??
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 03:50:58 PM by fl3a »

Offline fl3a

• Posting Member
Well it certainly couldn't hurt to lose the 25 extra pounds now could it.  As far as "permanent damage" is concerned, I have no idea.  If your fat tends to centralize on your chest then it may be tougher to get off?

Well Im in the process of working off the weight I gained, I just got back from a 2 mile run  :) but I hope everything settles nicely when the weight is gone. But the reason I worry about the results being affected is because maybe someone shouldnt gain weight during such a critical time  ??? I dunno maybe im just being paranoid.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 07:06:00 PM by fl3a »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
As my surgeon puts it "Male chest reduction is a permanent solution to an otherwise permanent problem."

You have a fixed amount of fat cells in your body.  When they are taken away by surgery, they do not and cannot return.  So there are less fat cells to 'swell up' if you have been on the pies.

The fat cells will continue to grow in size at the same rate as before surgery if you put on weight generally.  But with fewer fat cells there now, it shouldn't be as apparent.  But imagine, if after surgery you put on say 50Kgs.  Does anyone seriously think the fat gain would hit every part of the body except where you had lipo?  The surgeon has to leave a layer of fat behind and what is left is jut as vulnerable to weight gain as any other part of the body.

But I have a solution for you.  Eat less and exercise more ;D  It's my guess you'd return to your former post-op self.

Offline fl3a

• Posting Member
cool... im workin on it. about to hit the track in 30 min for another run tonight  ;D gonna start lifting weights soon too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024