Author Topic: Vest after surgery  (Read 4125 times)

Offline Big Brother

• Posting Member
I had my surgery two weeks ago in Toronto and was wondering what is the best vest to wear after the initial three weeks? The one I received from my doctor isn't very comfortable and although it is tight it keeps sliding down after a few days. It's a compression vest but only covers the top half.

Thanks,
Big Brother

Offline Paul David

I would recommend compression vests by underworks (www.underworks.com), Style 997 Double Front Compression Shirt and Style 980 based on my personal experience.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I agree!! Make sure you order a large. I ordered a medium because I'm a small guy, didn't fit. I could barely get my arm in it ;D

Offline Paul David

You have to step into it like wearing an underwear, if you are buying a tank top. I too had difficulties getting into it. My chest size is 40 and I bought L size. It will be tough, especially at under arm area but it is helps to reduce swelling and scar tissue rapidly. You'll get used to it within a few days. Good Luck.

Offline InvG

• Posting Member
I've been wearing this wrap thing ever since 3 days after my surgery, when I had my vest removed. I've worn it for a few weeks now and have completely forgotten its on.

Its this cloth wrap thing, i wrap around myself a few times very tight, then clip it on with these clips that have teeth lol. It works good, makes it look amazing when i take it off for a few minutes to shower, and is hopefully helping with the healing process. I don't think anyone could convince me NOT to wear it while healing, as I want the best results possible.

I don't understand how some people don't wear any form of compression thing after the surgery.. it helps a ton.

DrBermant

I had my surgery two weeks ago in Toronto and was wondering what is the best vest to wear after the initial three weeks? The one I received from my doctor isn't very comfortable and although it is tight it keeps sliding down after a few days. It's a compression vest but only covers the top half.

Thanks,
Big Brother
The comfort of the vest depends on many factors after surgery.

The After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest can be a powerful tool for recovery, but it can cause problems such as too much pressure that compromises the blood supply to tissue.

The tightness of the Stage One After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest and Stage Two After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest can be so important, I prefer to fit each of my own patients myself before surgery. It is rare that I vary from my initial fitting.  Most of my patients now prefer to switch to a Stage II vest after initial healing.  Timing depends on many factors.  Such questions should be directed to your own doctor.

For Non-Surgical Body Conturing and Compression, you are not dealing with compromsed tissues and the fit is less critical.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024