Author Topic: will gyno pain end with surgery?  (Read 2684 times)

Offline silentsam

• Posting Member
If you have dull & very painful gynecomastia, will it go away with the surgery on the gland? Do most plastic surgeons do blood tests before surgery?
I don't want to get surgery, have the glands cut downand end up with gynecomastia and or pain again.

Offline xelnaga13

Prior to surgery you should have a good endo on board to ensure your hormones are stable. Pain can indicate that the tissue is being hormonally activated. Typically when the stimulus (estrogen,prolactin, progesterone) is taken away the pain goes away as well.

That being said, pain is a completely legitimate reason to have your glands removed. It's the number one reason insurance companies will cover gyno surgery.

Offline silentsam

• Posting Member
Thanks for your response - much appreciated.

To be honest, it hurts like hell… However, I am not sure insurance companies really pay out on these. If the small chance they did cover gynecomastia surgery happened, wouldn't they send you to one of their surgeons? Probably a general surgeon.

I have heard some horror stories about people doing it via insurance/general surgeon.
My doctor did a physical with me recently (though not test, estro, etc) and I explained my situation with gynecomastia.

He diagnosed it, though only on the one side. I have tiny pea gland behind left side, slightly puffy and my other side grew to about the size of a big golf ball (which is the side he felt) though they both hurt the same.

He referred me to a surgeon next door to discuss and said it has to come out on the one side. I never made an appointment because I knew that he wasn't a plastic surgeon and I don't know how many gynecomastia surgeries he has preformed.

Money is a big issue.. We just had a son and we are just about comfortable month to month.
I recently took out the money I had in a savings account - I was 22 at the time and decided it would go towards a new car, my future child, etc.

It kills me that I will probably have to use it on this surgery and not towards my son - my now life.

However, my wife raised a good point. I have a great body, I work out daily, and yet won't be able to swim in a pool with my son because I am too self conscious of the gyno - and the pain.

I only want to do this once and know I will be getting what I pay for - like anything.

I think I am going to book a consultation with Dr. Cruise in Newport as a start.

Once again, thanks for the reply.

Offline xelnaga13

Im not sure what country you live in or your medical plan.

My surgery was covered by insurance, and I went with my pick of plastic surgeon.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The breasts are sometimes very sensitive. This is true even in men without Gynecomastia and it is normal.

You did not describe sensitivity, but pain. Pain is not normal and I think the cause for your pain should be dealt with before surgery.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024