Author Topic: Tanning  (Read 3404 times)

Offline budselect

• Posting Member
I am prett damn white, probably shoulve done some tanning before the surgery.  At what point would it be safe to start tanning so that to not effect the scarring process?  I wouldnt start now I am still pretty early after the surgery, but at what point could I start if i lathered on the zinc or titanium oxide and go out into the sun?
22 y/o
Los Angeles, Ca
Puffy Nipples for 3 years!!! Sucks...

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Jeez man, don't risk it. Personally I would wait a couple of months, maybe even up to 6. But that's just me.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
I would not do any of this.  I mean geez, you've lived with this problem for how long?  Can't you just want 6 months to make sure everything heals right?!?

Offline guyfrompuebla

• Posting Member
I am prett damn white, probably shoulve done some tanning before the surgery.  At what point would it be safe to start tanning so that to not effect the scarring process?  I wouldnt start now I am still pretty early after the surgery, but at what point could I start if i lathered on the zinc or titanium oxide and go out into the sun?

my doctor told me its safe to out in the sun after all the bruising is gone. i'm 16 days post op and i still have some slight bruising so im gonna wait another 8 days to take the sun.

Offline AZ54321

• Posting Member
I've heard that you should wait 6 months before your expose yourself to the sun for extended periods of time.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I normally recommend avoiding the sun for about 4-6 weeks after surgery.  Then you can tan in the sun (or have a spray tan). The only precaution is to put some strong sunblock directly on the scars themselves for about 6 months following your operation.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024