Author Topic: A slightly different shopping experience  (Read 925 times)

Upfront

I am in the middle of a 2 night break on the Yorkshire  coast as a treat for my wife's birthday. 
I envisaged coastal walks, harbours, fish and chips etc. but no, she wanted to York itself world renowned Roman city. Goody, I thought - all sorts of historical places to explore. We have been several times but I have still not done "Jorvick" the under city boat ride through its Viking origins.
How wrong she wanted to really do the shops (and our joint account) - boring I thought. 
How wrong! We both had a great day!
We have casually accompanied each other shopping many times but boy was this different. In larger shops we both went straight to women's wear and I was not allowed to be a passive waiter. The expeditions into smaller more niche luxurious women's shops where I would not normally venture was great especially pleasant knowing that part of her enjoyment was me shopping and neither us wanting to just move on.
I hope she enjoyed it. I Certainly did! 

Brdy64

Sounds like fun, glad your are having a great time. 😉

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
Having someone that loves you for you is a mighty fine blessing. Get anything good?!

p.r.1974

Shopping is almost always more enjoyable with accepting friends or partners! I hope you guys find some finds, and enjoy them together!

Upfront

Held up
I did say I enjoyed myself.
All I will say is long clothes shopping expeditions are not enjoyable without purchases. Mine include items I would not now own but for my dear wife deciding that her birthday treat was going to follow her plan. My birthday is not until October but I am really turned on by what might be involved .
I am not promising a follow up
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 04:45:34 PM by Upfront »

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
Held up
I did say I enjoyed myself.
All I will say is long clothes shopping expeditions are not enjoyable without purchases. Mine include items I would not now own but for my dear wife deciding that her birthday treat was going to follow her plan. My birthday is not until October but I am really turned on by what might be involved .
I am not promising a follow up
Fair! And no followup expected either. ;)

How was your experience with the shop staff? Based on your post it must have been either positive or, at the very least, a non-issue.

Upfront

One or two shops were a bit hesitant looking until they realised they had two customers rather than one. 
All were very helpful! I will no longer hesitate to go into  ANY "women's" shops.

Had a lengthy chat to one SA in a small boutique. She confided that she was as nervous about male customers as we are about entering the shop.
Her advice was that it is better to go in without lurking. Say upfront why you are there and then both parties can relax.
Off home today, euphorically happy and glad it is the end of the month and pension transfers will soon roll in to start repairing the damage done to the joint account.
Wife has always been very supportive but there has been a step change in the relationship. :D:);D

I think there is a real takeaway for all guys here.
 Go where you want, make it clear that you are a customer rather than an  unwelcome "creep" / Peeping Tom and you will have a whale of a time. 
Going home today euphorically happy but tired. 

I am glad we are at the end of month. Imminent pension transfers will quickly start to repair the damage done to the joint account!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 05:39:45 AM by Upfront »

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
The end of vacations are always a bummer, but having a great one definitely minimizes that feeling. I'm glad to hear you and your wife had an excellent time. It's also great to hear that you two are good partners to each other, you have to be to understand and accept the changes in people--be it emotional, physical, or both.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024