Author Topic: Hey, 16 yr old here with gyne I guess.  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Aim

• Posting Member
I was looking up breast reduction on the internet this morning and stumbled upon this website. I read the description of the disorder and checked out the photos, and.. unless I'm mistaken I definately suffer from gyne.

This is really something that is on my mind whenever I'm not asleep, my breasts. I have to make sure I'm walking correctly and I have a shirt under my clothing tight on my body to help compress them so they appear flat since I am very self concious(sp?) about them. I have never talked to my parents and definately not talked to any of my friends about this, but I have never really dealt with any rude remarks to myself since I do a pretty good job hiding my breasts and I don't have a low self esteem.

But, it is starting to take a very big toll on my mental health. Like, when I am at school in between periods I take washroom breaks to go tuck in my undershirt as tight as I can and then have to examine myself or wait until the washroom is empty to examine myself so I look fine. I constantly wonder what it would be like to not have these worries and feel like they are consuming me, since I can't really escape it, unless I am by myself.

I guess I'm going to talk to my Mom sometime today or after the next few days since I found this website and am confident this is what I am suffering from.

My hopes are high though, since I found this website and forum.. it looks like there is very good treatment for it. But I am worried that being only 16 it wont be available to me for some time.

I can't really take pictures of myself to show you guys what they look like but I will try my best to describe them. When they are not compressed under clothing my right breast perks out from my chest slightly to the right about 3cm on its own, I mean no other fat is really there. My left breast is similar only it is larger and more full(?), I guess.

I'll try to post more later but it is very early and I need to get ready for school.

Comments are very appreciated, I would love it if someone could give me some advice as my breasts are always on my mind and I guess it will be a few years until they can be reduced..

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Can't really give you much advice other than talk to mom about it. Don't know her, but i bet she'd be supportive if you approach her in the right way. If so / if not, mention it to your dr. next visit. Make sure you call it by it's name. Yeah, you have all the classic behavioral symptoms of a guy with gyne.  :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You seem to have a good handle on the situation.

Yes, it will be some time before you would be likely to get surgery.  In the meantime they may shrink on their own.

Talk to your Mom.

Talk to your Doctor.

Coping, You already seem to have found a method of concealment that is working for you.

Asymetry, it is common for them to be of unequal size.

Good Luck, and stay in touch.

Most important, Keep your good attitude.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Aim

• Posting Member
What is the average age when you can get the surgery?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024