Author Topic: need advice  (Read 1323 times)

Offline superjojo

hey fellas.  just to share I'm in my mid 20's, and I have somewhat battled with gyne since my teens.  nothing severe, and when I hit about 20 or 21, it dimished slightly.  I'm not fat by any means.  i was a collegiate athlete, so I've always been active and in well above average shape.  I am clean in the way of performance enhancers, but over the last year or my my gyne has returned.  it is more prominent under my left nipple than my right.  my right has maybe a small marble sized lump, but the left is a thick mass with the diamete of about a quarter.  I have seen two plastic surgeons, and one said the surgery would be covered by my insurance, and the other said it wouldn't.  both ran my request, and it was denied.  regardless, I am trying to decide whether or not to have the surgery.  I was wondering how long people have been laid up post operation?  how long until you were back into the swing of things?  any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are a lot of people here who are better qualified than I to answer your questions about surgery and recovery time.

Sometimes, even if insurance coverage has been previously been denied, The insurance company will reconsider upon the advice of a psychologist.

It is not uncommon for men with Gynecomastia to suffer social withdrawal, Isolation, and even Depression. The Psychologist should be covered by your insurance and He/She may be able to help you appeal the denial of surgery.

What have you got to lose?

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024