Author Topic: Surgery is September 12th, Dr. Pensler, Chicago  (Read 3267 times)

Offline oh_crap

• Posting Member
Posted once in April with before pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1114055769

Anyway, finally got some money and I've scheduled the surgery.  I'll post some more pictures before and after the surgery.  I'd actually shaved my chest when I'd taken the before pictures, but let it grow back.  Wondering if I should shave again before surgery so I don't have problems with bandages and stuff.

I've been working out hard ever since deciding to do it, as I want to be in as good as shape possible before the big day.  Plus, I'm sure I won't be able to work out for a bit afterwards.

I'm not so much nervous as I am anxious just to get it done already.  

Offline oh_crap

• Posting Member
Ok, I take it back, as the surgery date is now 5 days away, I'm getting a little nervous.  I know I'll go through with it, but I keep having thoughts like, "Couldn't I have used $5k for something better?", "am I just being vain?", "why the hell did I choose such a lame name as oh_crap  ;) "

Anyway, hopefully all will go well and I'll be happy with the results.  

Offline GuckFyno

• Bronze Member
Hey good luck to you man, you can't put a price tag on your peace of mind (well I suppose you can at 5k).  Your gonna feel and look great especially if your getting in really good shape.  Keep us posted.

Offline oh_crap

• Posting Member
Well, here goes nothing...leaving for surgery now.  Will give update later.

Offline oh_crap

• Posting Member
Back at home.   Surgery wasn't bad at all.  Left there feeling quite a bit woozy.   I remember him saying he took out gland and lipo'd. My girlfriend was told they took out about a liter (assuming that's fat).

I have the compression vest on and I'm a bit sore (mosty around my armpits where the incision site is).  .  There are no drains.  I've taken some of the pain killers (unfortunatlely I was only prescribe Aspirin 3 w/ Codeine or something like that.  My girlfriend had lasik last week, and they gave her 6 vicodin which she didn't need, so I can use them if needed.

I took the week off from work, so I'm going to just hang around the house.  Can't wait to see the results.  I was told not to take the vest off until Wednesday night, take a shower, and then put on a new one.  

While I never really posted much on this site, I was a lurker for a long time, and I'm really happy I found this site and learned from everyone else.

I'll post some "after" pics as soon as I can.    

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024