Author Topic: Red Flag Evaluation System- Dr.Bermant  (Read 3957 times)

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Dr. Bermant,
With your Red Flag system are pretty accurate in determining that the gyne is under control and is not due to hormonal issues ?
How would you do the red flag via remote consultation or is it at the pre op consultation.

Thanks,
Mizuno

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant,
With your Red Flag system are pretty accurate in determining that the gyne is under control and is not due to hormonal issues ?
How would you do the red flag via remote consultation or is it at the pre op consultation.

Thanks,
Mizuno
With the help of endocrinologists over the years, I have evolved a Red Flag system of Gynecomastia Symptoms.  This method was received well during my invited Gynecomastia lecture at the American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists 2008 national meeting.

There are many possible Causes of Gynecomastia that I have seen over the years.  When a patient has significant red flags, I request an endocrinology evaluation first.  I prefer to sculpt a stable problem whenever possible before surgery.  That is how I am able to help my patients keeping risk of recurrence so low.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Male Breast Reduction

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Does this Red Flag system apply to remote consultation as well ?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think that the answer is yes. Click on the words in Dr. Bermants response that are in Bold print, That will take you to a more detailed explanation.
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

Does this Red Flag system apply to remote consultation as well ?

Yes, I use many elements of my Red Flag System during my Preliminary Remote Discussion. However, some elements such as testicular examination, body fat distribution, hair distribution, and voice are best served during the in office examination.  Here is one example where this person who had Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia missed by the many doctors taking care of him for 35 years of his life.  The remote Red Flags were just not enough, the in office exam revealed female body fat, ambiguous genitalia, female voice, female body fat, male hair distribution, male muscles, male birth certificate, legally a male, living as a male, but a misdiagnosed and mistreated XX female.

Learn more about this fascinating patient's Female to Male Revision Chest Reconstruction.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024