Author Topic: Fitting  (Read 5416 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I haven't used anything but pull over sports bras so far.  I have an XL and 2XL, the XL fits much better.  I found a zip up front sports bra XL size and it sure is a lot tighter than the pull over variety.  I know, different brands, but typically is there a lot of difference in brands and zip up vs pull over?  Just wondering for those who have tried.

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
Bra sizing is "hit and miss" when it comes to sizing. In general, fairly close but each manufacturer seems to have their own ideas. I have been measured and fitted and usually wear a 38C. The "big however" is this changes with manufacturer and even style. A 38C by Playtex = 38D Triumph = 38B Wonderbra = 40 B or even 42B with many "bargain" brands.
If you get properly measured, you can try on and decide what works best for you.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
Just buy a bunch of different options and try them on at home. Each brand is different, each style within a brand can be different too. If you don't take the tags off, you can return it no problem. Women do this all the time. The only issue is when the tag is put in a bad spot so you can't check how your shirt will look with it on (because the tag sticks out.)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
My problem is I would rather have a "regular" bra at times, but the clasp in back is always visible, so I just keep to sports bras.  I have a 3, a XL from Tekgear, 2XL double dry from Champion (a model specifically made for Dicks Sporting goods, got it at Marshalls new for a good price) and a XL zip up from Champion.  The latter was used from a goodwill, I figured $1.50 is easier to see if it works out or not than spending $20+. 

The best seems to the be the Tekgear, I think the Champion would be better if it was an XL.  Mainly I need a bit smaller chest size, but that is hard in XL, they are geared towards D cups mainly, and I am more of a B to nearly C.  The zip up is tighter, but a different style than the double dry style.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
If the clasp in the back is a problem, some bras are better than others in that regard. But, its just not men wishing to hide the bra contours. Many women do, as well. So there are bras that have a lower profile and thats why I suggested trying a bunch of different brands. Perhaps one of the more pricier brands..

Have you thought about a front clasping bra? like a racerback?

Another trick is to wear an undershirt over your bra. Then, when you wear your regular shirt, the clasp and adjuster bumps are much less noticable (you can also get bras that have the adjustments on the front.) Thats why camis are so popular!

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I typically do wear a t-shirt, but still concerned it could be seen.  I don't have a reg bra to "experiment" with.   I need to see if I can find a place to get fitted and see if I can get the courage to even try to ask about it. 

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
There is a style of bra known as a "T-shirt bra" it is designed not to be apparent under all most all clothing including t-shirts.  It's the type of bra that works best for me.  I wear it with a t-shirt under my shirt.  There are no tell-tale signs of straps or clasps.  I've even worn this type of bra with a t-shirt under knit/golf shirts with no noticeable "bumps or lines". 

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
Again, I don't see the point of a fitting if you're worried about being embarassed by it. Just try stuff on at home. Private and no stress!

aboywithgirls

I have to disagree with Chicago on the fitting. A good fitter can look at your "girls " and within a couple of tries have a bra that FITS your needs.  Well worth the time. And it's not embarrassing. In fact, I have always had great success with professional fittings. But be sure to do your homework and call ahead to schedule your fitting.  You want to make your fitting as much of a pleasure as possible and the boutiques want that for you as well. They will probably schedule you in at a slower time. This will accomplish two things.  1) it may save you some of your own anxiety from being their with a lot of females at the same time and 2) it will give the fitter the time she needs to spend tending to your need for support.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024