Author Topic: How many people can say that they are happy with their results 6-8 month post op  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Hidden4lyfe

• Posting Member
The reason I am asking this is because it seems like so many people are unhappy with their surgery results. So I wonder how many people can honestly say they are satisfied with their results 6-8 months post op? I'm talking about no revisions and injections to reduce scar tissue. I'm asking this because it makes me wonder if it's actually worth getting the surgery. Also for many of the problems, is it the surgeon's fault? Or just the physical reaction the person has from the surgery.

Offline teetit

• Posting Member
Most likely, no one who is happy with there results 6-8 months down the line will still be on the site.  Why would they stay here?

The reason negative responses toward the surgery far outnumber the positive ones on this forum is simply because people who are still having problems are still posting here for help and support.  The people who've had good results hopefully have forgotten about it and are living there lives.

Best advice is to choose a pro at this procedure and maybe ask them if you can talk to patients/testimonials who've had it done.  But, you're still gonna get a bias (from the plastic surgeon who knows particular patients who have great results). 

Offline Hidden4lyfe

• Posting Member
Thanks for the response. I figured that the majority of the happy people never come back to the forums. But it is sad that so many people are upset with their surgery. Like I said before, I wonder if it's the surgeons fault or if it's the person's fault due to how their body reacts to he surgery preformed.

It would be nice if more people with positive results stayed on the forum longer, but I'd probably also stop coming here if everything turned out okay.

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
I think teetit nailed it.
I had surgery 7 months ago and I am really satisfied with the result. I don't think about gyne anymore and rarely come on that site now.
Getting surgery was not an easy decision but I am glad I took the plunge, one of the best decision of my life.
By choosing an experienced gyne surgeon you definitely maximize your chances of getting a good result and not needing revisions.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gyne is a misery for those who have it.  Once they have successful surgery, the gyne fades very quickly from their physical self and their self-image.  They go on with their lives and forget about their former gyne.

Therefore, it is unusual for guys who have had successful surgery to continue to contribute to this site.  For the guys who continue to contribute after successful surgery, thanks -- it will serve as an inspiration to guys contemplating surgery.

Nitrox987 is quite right
By choosing an experienced gyne surgeon you definitely maximize your chances of getting a good result and not needing revisions.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I agree with Dr. Jacobs.  After spending about 4 years on this site, I can see that gyne patients do fade away after they've had their surgery.  At any given time, there are probably a dozen or so regular posters here, maybe more.  I mean posters with names you start to recognize because they post so often.  Those names seem to change over every few months, since guys with good results go on with their lives and don't return often, if at all, to this site.

There are a few exceptions who continue to make great posts over the years (kudos to thetodd and gynefor, to name a couple) but most guys fade away.  I've had my own patients talk about how they're going to contribute to the site after surgery, but once they're healed and happy, they move on.

Regarding blame, it's easy for a patient with a problem to blame his surgeon, but there are many factors that contribute to the healing process.  Sure, there may be some surgeons out there who do a bad job, but you have to understand that some things are out of our control, and a patient may heal poorly for reasons hard to explain.  Your best opportunity for a good outcome lies with your selection of your surgeon.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline gynesux

yes Im happy with the results even if my right side looks a bit weird if i take off my shirt and look closely.

We  go away after years of spending several hours on the computer because the outside world is cruel and miserable with gyne, now I can go anywhere I want, date whoever I want and not feel guilty.

Offline dawct

• Posting Member
The reason I am asking this is because it seems like so many people are unhappy with their surgery results. So I wonder how many people can honestly say they are satisfied with their results 6-8 months post op? I'm talking about no revisions and injections to reduce scar tissue. I'm asking this because it makes me wonder if it's actually worth getting the surgery. Also for many of the problems, is it the surgeon's fault? Or just the physical reaction the person has from the surgery.

3.5 years after I had my surgery I am still thrilled with the results. It was the best decision I ever made, definitely money well spent. Being able to wear whatever I want is the best part!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024