Author Topic: To shave or not?  (Read 2087 times)

Gino

I just started shaving my arm pits, wow! My antiperspirant actually works now! No more gloppy congealed mess of goop matted in the hairs, and I use less of the stick. 

Upfront

Gino
Just one of the pleasant things we discover  from doing things the ladies way

An aside about IPL  - It will not work if you  have grey or fair hair. It needs good contrast between skin and hair colour to funtion

Brdy64

I just started shaving my arm pits, wow! My antiperspirant actually works now! No more gloppy congealed mess of goop matted in the hairs, and I use less of the stick.
Strange, but I have never had any to shave. I'm not sure why? 🤔
Really never had any body hair, just a sprinkling in a few places. 🤔

Even my arms have less than most women 🙄

(Photo attached)

Brdy64

Gino

An aside about IPL  - It will not work if you  have grey or fair hair. It needs good contrast between skin and hair colour to funtion
Yeah, doesn't work on ginger at all. I tried it on my beard. 😐

Gino

Gino

Actually, that's not entirely true. Less effective YES but NOT effective? nope!

I deliberately IPL'd the center of my fair colored chest hair from the navel up through my boobs but not the areas to the left and right, and my body front now has a reverse Mohican. The hair on either side of the center grows where in the center it does not.

Upfront

Gino 
I have no personal experience as having fair / grey hair I just decided that if sellers and manufactures were talking themselves out if a sale, I would give it a miss. 
I probably will toss it around in my mind again 

Gino

Gino
I have no personal experience as having fair / grey hair I just decided that if sellers and manufactures were talking themselves out if a sale, I would give it a miss.
I probably will toss it around in my mind again
I imagine it may be more of an issue of them not having to defend themselves from clients with unreasonable expectations. 

In my  case, I accepted less effective over shaving and Nair as a risk but I'm happy I did.

Brdy64

Gino

Actually, that's not entirely true. Less effective YES but NOT effective? nope!

I deliberately IPL'd the center of my fair colored chest hair from the navel up through my boobs but not the areas to the left and right, and my body front now has a reverse Mohican. The hair on either side of the center grows where in the center it does not.
I used it on my beard because I detest shaving. After 6 months of use according to directions and at the highest setting, I can report NO results as a growth deterrent.
Strangely the areas treated changed hair colors and now grow in blond instead of red. 
I can miss a day shaving and it's no longer noticeable. 🤔 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Facial hair in males - even castrates - continues growing no matter the hormonal levels.  Only epilation by laser or electrolysis seems to work.  I noticed less body hair as I aged and continued the medications with anti-androgenic side effects, but no change in beard growth.

Brdy64

Facial hair in males - even castrates - continues growing no matter the hormonal levels.  Only epilation by laser or electrolysis seems to work.  I noticed less body hair as I aged and continued the medications with anti-androgenic side effects, but no change in beard growth.
I didn't have any at all, but like an idiot I agreed to testosterone treatments in my 20's. The first thing I got out of it was facial hair and a voice change. 
I'm a ginger so laser didn't work on me. Electrolysis might be an option. 🤔

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
My T level is at castrate norms for the technology of 1970 s a few months ago 

Newer technology can measure down to 20 pg/ml

I can sense my level has dropped more towards that number, to be verified later this week at a new appointment 

I used to have to shave daily 10 years ago, then I got down to every 3 days or so. Now in the last 6 months I can go about 10-11 days Still have to shave but it has slowed way down. Also have lost hair on back, arms, legs and armpits
Amazing changes in such a short period, not to mention the mental and emotional changes. I do like these newer feelings re life 

Regards, Bob 

Regards, Bob

Brdy64

My T level is at castrate norms for the technology of 1970 s a few months ago

Newer technology can measure down to 20 pg/ml

I can sense my level has dropped more towards that number, to be verified later this week at a new appointment

I used to have to shave daily 10 years ago, then I got down to every 3 days or so. Now in the last 6 months I can go about 10-11 days Still have to shave but it has slowed way down. Also have lost hair on back, arms, legs and armpits
Amazing changes in such a short period, not to mention the mental and emotional changes. I do like these newer feelings re life

Regards, Bob
Glad you are enjoying the changes 😉
Estrogen is quite the hormone when allowed to do it's magic. 

Brdy64

Shave.  Just feels better overall
I only have facial hair and just one small thin patch in my cleavage.
I have no hair on my legs or armpits. Very thin light hair on my arms.
I never really had body hair, and not even facial hair until almost 30.
Other than my face I really don't have anything to shave. 🤔
Well, things have changed a bit since then. I really don't have much hair on my chest, but a CNA did notice the little I have when I bent over yesterday. she laughed and said I have "hairy boobs". 
As a result, I will be shaving my chest from now on. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024