Author Topic: Lateral direction 🤔  (Read 1214 times)

Brdy64

Thank goodness this site covers more than just 'bra types'.

The hormonal stew that caused our breasts has been brewing since puberty in many of us. It caused hardships we have endured for years. Something that 'acceptance' encompasses as well.

Again yesterday, I caught myself  'visiting with the ladies', not as an outsider but as 'one of the girls'. Freely talking about boobs, bras, menopause, and even breast feeding 😳, and they talked about what their husbands liked compared to what's comfortable.

I found a safe place. Where I can fit in within society and am freely accepted as 'one of the girls' in the conversation.

'My acceptance had led to my acceptance'.

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
I've found myself comfortable chatting with women. I think it may have been a super power from a long time ago, which I attribute to my ability to navigate business but never thought about it beyond having elevated communication skills. I've always been able to communicate with women in business, both those that manage and those that are colleagues: look them in the eye, ask questions, and listen. In my field it may not be rare, but it definitely is uncommon.

Men typically speak with men and vice versa in social gatherings, too. My buddy's wife tells me she likes having me over because I converse with her, which I guess is atypical. I often try to include women at tables into conversation, but I've never been in a "one of the girls" conversations. Lately though, I seem to desire different conversation and have really been enjoying speaking with women--getting their perspective and worldview. This, in turn, may change mine and one day may have that "one of the girls" chats you speak about. :)

As for your social experience, that's great Birdie. I bet it feels nice to be open and have people respect you in the conversation.

Brdy64

I've found myself comfortable chatting with women. I think it may have been a super power from a long time ago, which I attribute to my ability to navigate business but never thought about it beyond having elevated communication skills. I've always been able to communicate with women in business, both those that manage and those that are colleagues: look them in the eye, ask questions, and listen. In my field it may not be rare, but it definitely is uncommon.

Men typically speak with men and vice versa in social gatherings, too. My buddy's wife tells me she likes having me over because I converse with her, which I guess is atypical. I often try to include women at tables into conversation, but I've never been in a "one of the girls" conversations. Lately though, I seem to desire different conversation and have really been enjoying speaking with women--getting their perspective and worldview. This, in turn, may change mine and one day may have that "one of the girls" chats you speak about. :)

As for your social experience, that's great Birdie. I bet it feels nice to be open and have people respect you in the conversation.
I think once the conversation is about bras and it's 'normal', the conversations just tend to take off from there.
I have several ladies that bring stuff up in conversation that I had never experienced in the past. Just kind of a 'matter of fact' moments on 'women's things'.
Stuff like: "I named mine so the kids wouldn't know what I was talking about", and then tell me their names.
Unfortunately I didn't have any cute names for mine besides 'the girls'.
Conversation has gone a lot further into risqué as confidence builds, but then again, I'm not sitting with the guys anymore.
My tablemates are women. The staff around me are all women.
Other than saying 'Hi', I don't spend any time with the guys really. One other guy sits with us, but he is quite and keeps to himself. I do shoot an occasional game of pool still if asked in the sunroom, but I'm not asked much. 
Today a CNA was telling me that estrogen cream would calm my hot flashes and night sweats. I told her that I'm pretty sure I have plenty of estrogen already. She says those are symptoms of the body craving more and I should give it what it needs regardless of the outcome.
Another CNA says talking to me is easy, it's not like talking to other guys. We talk about bra options after her double mastectomy due to breast cancer. How she used to go minimizer bras, but now has to start over buying bras with special padding.
I enjoy these conversations much more. I feel at home with the ladies.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 05:11:54 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Brdy64

In case y'all haven't realized, my life has taken a lateral direction. I must identify as male however I find the described gender in ancient Jewish texts (The Talmud) to be the best fit:

Saris hamah, identified male at birth but later naturally developing female characteristics.

Best described on this site as the 'Hormonal stew' that seems to shape my personality, emotions, skin, hair, nails, and of course Breasts.
I would venture to say that if one possesses at least some degree of gynecomastia, then the 'hormonal stew' is already at work to varying degrees in each individual.
We are all different, and differing comfort zones. I chose to embrace this lateral direction. I also respect the personal choice of everyone else in their choices. I mean not to influence anyone into gender decisions. That is and will always be 'a personal choice'.
I will apologize in advance since
I tend to be rather enthusiastic, and can come over quite overbearing at times. I'll try and keep things at a simmer.

Thanks y'all for all being here on this forum. Your comments, posts, and threads have been quite informative.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 09:27:12 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

aboywithgirls

I absolutely understand that. 

I was assigned male at birth. My puberty brought me breasts and hips instead of muscles and body hair. I adapted to my body changes with clothing through the years. This ultimately led to follow my heart to womanhood. 

We all have our own journey in life. Mine has made me a happy woman 🤗. I know that most of you will not follow the path that I chose. However, I am very happy to see that you are accepting who you are and are happier for it.

❤️Sophie❤️

Brdy64

I absolutely understand that.

I was assigned male at birth. My puberty brought me breasts and hips instead of muscles and body hair. I adapted to my body changes with clothing through the years. This ultimately led to follow my heart to womanhood.

We all have our own journey in life. Mine has made me a happy woman 🤗. I know that most of you will not follow the path that I chose. However, I am very happy to see that you are accepting who you are and are happier for it.

❤️Sophie❤️
I also had small breasts, no body hair, and no muscle mass through puberty. I did see a sports doctor that put me on testosterone for 2 years in my 20's. I didn't have facial hair prior, but did afterwards. I also amassed quite a bit of muscle mass as a result as well. 
I wish I would have never gone on the testosterone treatments. I was fine just the way I was. 

Offline taxmapper

When younger, there was little body hair until after 20 years old. 

At 15 I started to develop breasts but it stopped. Then had a orchiectomy on the left side with an undescended testi (a sign of forms of hermaphroditism) so I could enter the army. 

Small of stature, thin and off sensations I can relate to a small degree what happened. 
Was also ostracized for most groups because I never fit in.   

Built me to what I am today, and I really am not wanting to advertise my self, just live life without the kickback. 

Brdy64

Wow 🤔

Interesting conversation today as a participant and a CNA were arguing on who has a bigger chest. She thinks I do, and he thinks she does. They were talking about it right in front of me. Truth be known I think we are about the same size. 

Funny thing was, it didn't bother me. In fact I found at quite hilarious. 
Just a few months ago I would have been mortified. I guess when you reach the point of joking about it, that's total acceptance 🤔

Orb

I'm glad to see your in the place you are.  Your short time here has, from what I've seen, been good for you.  And us. 
That truly is acceptance.
Like its been said, once you have gotten comfortable with it others will as well. 
Did make me smile though.  

Brdy64

I'm glad to see your in the place you are.  Your short time here has, from what I've seen, been good for you.  And us. 
That truly is acceptance.
Like its been said, once you have gotten comfortable with it others will as well. 
Did make me smile though. 
I'm still laughing about it 🤣

Brdy64

Conversations today left me pondering about what 'acceptance' really means. 🤔

Some of our female friends are unable to 'accept' that they have 'B' cups and opt for implants. At the same time, some will have 'J' cups and opt for a reduction.
It all boils down to their preconceived idea of what's 'ideal' for themselves. If they don't measure up to their own standards, they look for alternatives. Those standards are learned.

Society as we knew it had influenced us into believing that there are two models, one of each sex consisting of various attributes, and not much interchanging between them.
In reality gender is much more dynamic with varying degrees of interchange.
Women with muscular builds and facial hair can and does occur naturally, as does men with breast and feminine features. It's all part of the grand intelligent design. There is nothing wrong with it at all. It's not 'Black & White'.

Acceptance for me meant changing my view of myself. Eliminating the view that society instilled within me through propaganda, and accepting that intelligent design knows best.
Once I accepted the fact that I am supposed to be this way, loving myself just the way I am is automatic. I can look in the mirror and not only admire my breasts, but my entire self. 🤔

I'm not 'GI Joe', in fact I am not even close. I don't want to be.
I want to wear clothes that accent my figure, the one intelligent design provided me. Grow my hair out because it's there, and I can. Wear the colors I like, even if they are pastels.
I'm not exactly leaping into a skirt, but it wouldn't matter if I did. 
My body is somewhere in the middle between male and female, and I'll dress accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 04:37:33 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Offline Johndoe1

There is no one version of acceptance. There is as many versions as there are people.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Brdy64

There is no one version of acceptance. There is as many versions as there are people.
Yes!

Orb

I agree!
 I have said it many times we shouldn't have to fit into anyone else's mold.  Everyone is different.  I am me and happy to be me. Some people have moles, scars or other features unique to them and that's fine.  For me I have those things and breast as well.  I say, get over it world, this is me and I like me if you don't that's your loss.

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
Fundamentally this discussing flirts with the underlying acceptance society needs to move towards: acceptance of others. We can accept ourselves and that provides some semblance of armor against those that actively do not accept others, but it is not impenetrable. The more society outwardly others people, that armor can flake away. Reconnecting with those that do accept can mend it, but wouldn’t it be nice to not need that armor?

I don’t care if a person agrees with choices that are my own, as long as they are respectful of them. I will in turn reciprocate that general human respect onto them. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024