Author Topic: Clothes that fit our curves 🤔  (Read 942 times)

Brdy64

My Torrid dress pants just came in and they fit so well I ordered 2 more.
I'll be dressing a bit more professional while attending the center and these matched with some Harper collection blouses will really do it.
If you have curves, you have to dress for them.

p.r.1974

I do like the harper style tops and have a few myself! U so tend to prefer the full length leggings and jeans, though I may need to try some of the pants above. I just haven't been to the store to try them on yet. The closest Torrid to me is about an hour away, but I will look into them. Thanks for sharing!

Brdy64

Brdy64

I'm sure for some of you the art of finding button up shirts that actually "button up" can be quite challenging. If you find a shirt from the men's department that actually fits your chest, the arms are too long, and it wears like a tent. 

A solution to that is of course crossing the aisle and shopping for blouses instead. Womens blouses are cut differently allowing for the wider hips and sewn with "Breast darts" giving extra fabric in the breast area. 
There are many styles to choose from that will resemble men's shirts as well. 

I'm including an image of a blouse I recently purchased. It very much looks like a men's dress shirt, but the second image shows the "Breast dart" sewn in allowing for extra room. 
Where my flannel shirts will not button up in the chest, this one goes right on perfectly. 

Brdy64

There is a size and a half between men’s and women’s shoe sizes. 

Add 1.5 to convert a men’s size to a woman’s size. (A men’s 7.5 is a women’s 9). 

Or subtract 1.5 to convert from a women’s size to a men’s size. ( A women’s size 11 is a men’s size 9.5). 

Shoe width stays the same.
A men’s D width is exactly the same as a women’s D width. However, women’s feet tend to be slimmer on the whole; most women have a shoe width of B, while most men have wider feet and therefore the average width is D 

Brdy64

2023 has seen a shift in "women's" styles as "baggy low-cut jeans" and "jeans with cargo pockets" have sprung into style for the spring.

That means quite a bit more options will be on the table when it comes to women's jeans this year. So, finding a pair of trousers off the women's rack that you would go "shoot pool with your buddies" in should be easy enough.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:25:43 AM by 💁Birdie💖 »

Brdy64

For those of us that wear things besides trousers.....

This cute little summer dress has really caught my eye 💖

I have however already spent too much at Torrid lately 😳

Brdy64

Tilleys
RSQ Womens 90s Jeans.
These would blend right in anywhere you might want to go.

Baggy women's jeans....

Offline taxmapper

Lee jeans for me. 

I discovered that women's size 13 is consistent with shoes. 

I prefer them now over mens. 
They fit differently. 

Feel better. 

As for tops, at this point I no longer buy mens, but haven't purchased many women's either. 

Brdy64

Lee jeans for me.

I discovered that women's size 13 is consistent with shoes.

I prefer them now over mens.
They fit differently.

Feel better.

As for tops, at this point I no longer buy mens, but haven't purchased many women's either.
I really like Lee jeans as well. I had some in the past. 💖

Brdy64

Show the barcode for massive savings at Torrid:

Here For My Girls

Its simple. Find clothes that fit. Doesn't matter what side of the aisle, just get what fits. I'm born male and "identify" as male because I am male lol. But that doesn't keep me from buying womens jeans as they fit better. Usually tractor supply womens work jeans as I am hard on jeans and need something that will take abuse. My shirts are all from men's dept. Womens tips are made with too much spandex and flammable materials for my job and hobbies. I have found athletic cut tops have wider shoulders and a more slim waist that helps fit my breasts. This is just my take on the matter. We all have our own thoughts 

Brdy64

Its simple. Find clothes that fit. Doesn't matter what side of the aisle, just get what fits. I'm born male and "identify" as male because I am male lol. But that doesn't keep me from buying womens jeans as they fit better. Usually tractor supply womens work jeans as I am hard on jeans and need something that will take abuse. My shirts are all from men's dept. Womens tips are made with too much spandex and flammable materials for my job and hobbies. I have found athletic cut tops have wider shoulders and a more slim waist that helps fit my breasts. This is just my take on the matter. We all have our own thoughts
Women's work jeans sound like a great idea!

Brdy64

Torrid method of measuring yourself for a bra: 

https://youtu.be/wZhxG8gOwU4

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024