Author Topic: Prolactin induced gynecomastia  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Cobra21987

I went to the doctor originally for gynecomastia around 6 months ago. They diagnosed me with hyperprolactima and i have been taking bromocriptine for about 6 mounths to keep prolactin levels down. Will my gynecomastia get better anytime soon our will i need surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In general, once your prolactin levels have come down to normal, then your breasts will no longer continue to be stimulated to grow.  However, the tissue that did grow will remain -- it will not spontaneously reduce once the inciting problem (the high prolactin hormone) has been eliminated.

Sorry about that -- you will probably need surgery to remove the excess tissue.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Cobra21987

Ok its pretty minor and I'm very lean what would be a rough estimate for that surgery? Thanks

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Usually 6-10 grand. If you do a lot of research you can find a good gyne doc around 7 grand. The ones I found cheaper had less than desirable results. I believe I payed 7800 and am very happy.

Remember, just because you're lean doesn't mean the doctor, room, anesthesiologist etc is going to be much cheaper if at all.

Offline Cobra21987

Do u have to pay all upfront our like a payment plan?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Usually up front. You can also apply for financing. Some of the plastic surgeons have links on their websites for financing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024