Author Topic: Mothers  (Read 3980 times)

Offline blad

I also was curious. Conflicted and confused, too. I did not ask anyone either. It was too hard for me to acknowledge.

It seems as if was too hard for most of our parents, except Sophie’s mom. 
I don't think most parents were aware of the degree of pressure and taunts at school either. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline SideSet

I agree, blad. I certainly never said anything about all the teasing and groping I endured. I was too ashamed.

However, my mother was aware of two incidents while we were on summer vacation, and her reaction was similar. Both times I had been bare chested at the lake and told I needed to wear a bra. One time my mother was present and the other time it was told to her.

My mother did not know I was eavesdropping on the conversation when she was told of me being teased about needing to wear a bra. Instead of showing concern for my feelings or being upset that something hurtful or disagreeing something false had been said to me, her reaction was to speculate on my bra size, in fact, she laughed that I probably needed a pretty big cup size. I was shocked and hurt to overhear my mother say that. I also figured that if she was saying that to somebody else about me, it must be what she truly believed, essentially agreeing that I did need to wear a bra.

The second time while swimming, my uncle loudly said in front of our whole extended family that I needed to wear a bra. I thought my mother would stick up for me, but instead she joked in front of everybody that I could probably fill the cups of her bras.

aboywithgirls

I'm so sorry that you had to endure that cruelty from your family and especially your own mother. It sounds like she her joke was an automatic nervous reaction that she did not otherwise know how to deal with. 

Swimming was a topic that came up not long after I started wearing a bra. If I went swimming, I had to stay covered up. She was not going to let me cover up with a girls bathing suit either. So yes, I was braless, wearing a wet tshirt!!! So I didn't do the swimming thing for a while. 

Sophie ❤️

Offline SideSet

Wet T-shirt is so provocative. I can see why you abstained from swimming, Sophie. Was there a solution you would’ve preferred?

I think you are right it was a nervous reaction on my mother‘s part. I also think she truly believed I needed to wear a bra, and that you are right she didn’t know how to deal with it. So she made awkward jokes and said and did nothing more.

When I eavesdropped, I overheard her saying letters, and did not fully understand their import. At first I thought she was talking about grades, but that confused me, because I was an A student, and the grades she was saying weren’t very good ha ha, so, how could she be saying that about me, and in the context of somebody teasing me about me needing to wear a bra?  I wasn’t aware of bra sizing at that time, but I soon would be 🥰

aboywithgirls

Wet T-shirt is so provocative. I can see why you abstained from swimming, Sophie. Was there a solution you would’ve preferred?

They didn't have all of the gender neutral swimwear that they have today. I would have worn one of my sister's one pieces if my mother would have let me . My sister did offer but my mother would have no part of it. 

Sophie ❤️ 

Offline SideSet

Did your mother see you in your sister‘s one piece swimsuit before rejecting it?

When my uncle said in front of everybody at the lake that I needed to wear a bra and my mother replied hers would probably fit me, Part of me thought she was about to get one of her swimming bra tops right there and help me put it on. And at that moment, I would’ve gladly done it.

All my defensiveness and any self-confidence was gone. When my uncle made his comment, my initial reaction had been to want to reach up and cover my breasts with my hands, you know, the way a woman would to preserve her modesty. But, I realized if I did that it would just make the situation worse. So, I stayed there with my breasts on display for everybody. I felt so vulnerable, I would’ve welcomed wearing a bathing suit bra top for modesty.

But my mother didn’t do anything. She just made her “joke.”  And everybody was awkwardly quiet. However, later in the day I overheard my aunt angrily chastising my uncle for what he had said.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
, later in the day I overheard my aunt angrily chastising my uncle for what he had said.
Good.

Do you still have a relationship with your uncle and aunt now?

Offline SideSet

My uncle had a heart attack and died about 10 years later. He was a manly man, vigorous, and it was quite a shock. I had to feign grief, however, as I never forgave him. Then again, he had never asked. 

My aunt and I were fairly close. She is gone now, too. My grief was real. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like your aunt could have been a great help to you throughout what was obviously a difficult period in your life.

Offline SideSet

Thank you, Aussie, you are quite perceptive. I have many fond memories of my aunt. She was very loving. Unfortunately, she was bipolar, so you never quite knew what was coming next. 

Offline gotgyne

Unfortunately, she was bipolar, so you never quite knew what was coming next.
Perhaps the bipolarity of your aunt was the reason for her great empathy.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline SideSet

How insightful, gotgyne, I had not thought of that. Because she lived in two worlds, she could maybe relate better to me as a boy developing breasts like a girl. 

My aunt would sometimes blow into a room like a tornado, and it would be exciting and fun. Other times, she would come by and say but a few words, but always nice.

I remember one such quiet time, which made a lasting impression on me. I could not have been more than 9 or 10, so well before my gynecomastia began.  It was a nice summer afternoon, and I was outside sitting on a bench when my aunt stopped by after a shopping excursion. She had a large bag from our local clothing store.

My aunt sat on the bench next to me, and without a word, took out just one relatively small box from her shopping bag. It was a box that said Playtex I Can’t Believe It’s A Girdle. She proceeded to open the box and slide out the girdle. She then unfolded the girdle and held it up in front of us to examine. She then put the girdle in her lap, rolled up the legs, exposing the garters in their tabs. She then proceeded to open and close the garters.

My aunt then placed the girdle in my lap. Not a word.  After a moment, I began to examine the girdle, feel its texture, feel how it’s stretched, hold it up in front of me the way my aunt had, and play with the garters.

After a few moments, my aunt held the open girdle box in front of me, no words, but I knew I was supposed to fold up the girdle the way it had been and put it back in the box, which I did.

My aunt then said how much she liked that girdle, that it was firm control, but lightweight, soft, and comfy.  That my mom should get one.  So much better than the 18 Hour girdle that had that rubbery smell. She kissed me on the cheek, said she had to go make dinner for my uncle, and was gone.

Not a tornado; just a gentle breeze carrying the whispery sound of her nylon-clad legs rubbing under her silky slip and skirt.

I remember it like yesterday.

Offline gotgyne

SideSet, I like your memories of this very special moment. Until this day I must feel the texture of a garment, especially of underwear, to know if it fits me. When I wear support pantyhose, I like the sensual and smooth feeling of the material on my legs. So it is not alone the functional aspect.

The end of your story "Not a tornado; just a gentle breeze carrying the whispery sound of her nylon-clad legs rubbing under her silky slip and skirt" is pure poetry.

John

Offline SideSet

Gotgyne, thank you for your compliments. 

Like you, I enjoy to feel of silky, smooth, soft things. One of my first memories is enjoying the silky trim on my blanket, especially how at the very corner, it is open and you can slide your fingers in, and just feel soft soaking us all around. 

I was drawn to the feel of my mother’s panties, which were nylon briefs. Same with her slips. Her nylon stockings and pantyhose. The nylon tricot gussets of her girdles. 

I began surreptitiously wearing her things when I was around seven or eight. Was not found out for a couple years until the time my grandmother caught me in my mother’s girdle.  

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
it was a taboo, something we didn't talk about at home.
The one who helped me the most with bras was a transexual friend when I was a student...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024