Author Topic: Surgery Complete now the wait game begins (Pics included)  (Read 2697 times)

Offline be_gone_manboobs

• Posting Member
Hey guys been lurking on this site for a while without every signing up....yet using its resources and members trials to make up my mind to have gyne surgery. After a long process of determining if this surgery was for me, if I could afford it or not, what doctor would I choose if I decided to go through with the surgery. After wrestling with these decisions for months I decided that it was in my best interest to get the surgery and had the surgery this past Wednesday.  :) I wont give the doctors name until about six months from now when the results of the surgery should be about final, however, if I'm happy with the surgery I'll will definitely give praise and if I'm unhappy I'll just say that but not slander the doctor because everyone's situation is different, I'll only give the name so people can see results and make their own assumptions.

Before the surgery I meet with the doctor several times to discuss certain things that I learned from this very sight, such as scar tissue, gland removal and lipo, type of compression garments, my expectations, just to name a few. I'm the type that worries a lot especially when dropping the type of money I spent on this surgery. The surgeon I eventually choose satisfied my concerns such as professionalism, knowledge, credentials, location, and background. Once I choose the doctor we set a date and I had to get some standard blood work done and some prescriptions filled out, everything was good to go.

I was fine the whole month, but come the week of the surgery I get a cold and was afraid if I told the doctor about this I would need to reschedule my surgery and I wasn't about to have that. So I hit the cold with everything possible medication, soup, tea, vegetables, fruit, rest and by the time of the surgery which was a Wednesday I felt well enough to not say anything and have the surgery. The night before the surgery I was very nervous  and this was the first time since deciding to get the surgery that I felt this way, a bunch of thoughts and emotion raced over me, after I got a hold of myself I calmed down and prepared myself for my big day and went to bed.

Finally, the big day was here, I arrived at the doctors office around 8:15 (my surgery was scheduled for 9). I wore some slip on shoes, a lose button up shirt and brought my pills for nausea and a underarmour shirt that the doctor instructed me to purchase. Around 8:30 the anesthesiologist came out and introduced himself and soon after I was in the pre-operating  I answered a few standard questions, took my pills, got some pictures taken, changed and was soon off to surgery. The anesthesiologist explained that he would be inserting the needle into my hand and after a few moments I would be comfortably asleep and will awaken with the surgery complete, I thought to myself I doubt if I knockout like that as soon as I thought that next thing I know I'm be woken up in the post operating room all bandaged up with the underarmour shirt and binder and thought to myself  "wow I actually did it". I looked at the clock and realized only about an hour and some change had passed and thought to myself I hope the doctor didn't rush as he did have another patient after me. After about another hour my pickup arrived and we meet with the doctor and discussed somethings and I was on my way home. I was fine until about 25 mins in on the ride home the happy juice started to wear off and I felt pain that I never in my life felt or so I thought. I got home and was instructed to get some sleep right away which was near impossible as the pain was magnified to such a degree that i wanted to cry but was in so much pain I couldn't. I felt like I was literally getting a knife dug into me. I was given a prescription for some codeine but was told that was a last result and to try extra strength Tylenol first. I took two pills and tried to lay down again and was counting down till the pain went away, about 15 mins in the Tylenol kicked in thank you god, and I was finally able to get some sleep. I wokeup after a couple hrs of sleep and the pain was gone and I haven't experienced it again it was however replaced with soreness which last for about a day, I ate something took another nap and stayed in the house for the first few days. Let me just say I haven't gotten one good nights sleep since the surgery due to the binder I'm wearing and the fact that I have to sleep on my back, it's very uncomfortable and causes my neck and back to hurt since I'm so use to sleeping on my side, I've even had to result to pushing myself against my wall and slightly sleeping on my side to get a good nights sleep.

Finally, Saturday had arrived, the day I could take the bandages and everything off and preview my new chest. I'll tell you this at the moment I'm about 70 percent happy with the results because I was hoping to be a bit flatter but I'm aware that ok result can come out great after a couple of months or get worse after a few months, so of course I'm hoping for it to get better. One thing I did notice was that one side does appear flatter than the other side, but was told by the doctor that one might be bigger at first it's not significant but noticeable, also, I notice that when I first took everything off I appeared to be flatter but after taking a shower and frying off my chest seemed more puffy so hopefully that's just minor swelling for the time.

Pre Op Pics

Offline be_gone_manboobs

• Posting Member
Post OP Pics

Offline be_gone_manboobs

• Posting Member
So what do you guys think? I'll be updating this with pics once every month to track my progress for about six months and to get you guys opinions about any question I may have. One thing I did was when I took the bandages off I now wear two underaromor shirts for extra compression plus the binder, is this ok? Also, a word of advice for anyone getting the surgery and are on the hairy side, make sure you shave your chest and stomach a few days before surgery because taking those bandages off that's been  stuck to your hair for about three days, while you were sweating and having pressure on them are sure to stick tight and lets say I have a new found respect for women who get bikini waxes, lol.

Offline freak

• Posting Member

Offline freak

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024