Author Topic: Why Did I Do This? (Please Help)  (Read 1955 times)

Offline holybatman

Okay so after years of suffering with my problem, I finally accumulated the money and had gynecomastia surgery on Monday (June 29).

Everything went great with the surgery itself and the results and recovery have been amazing.

However, on Thursday just 3 days after my surgery, my friend had a birthday party and I ended up drinking about 9 beers throughout the course of the night and smoking about 5 cigarettes. On top of this, I have been eating pretty bad (a lot of fast food). Oh and one more thing...at the party one of my friends went to shake my hand and he proceeded to give me a "chest pound" which hurt the right side of my chest. It wasn't anything sharp, just a chest-to-chest pound that I didn't see coming.

I am terrified that these few things (drinking 3 days after surgery, smoking cigarettes, and this small "injury") may compromise my results and cause my chest to heal improperly, causing the return of the gynecomastia.

Do I have a big reason to worry? My chest actually feels really good and there is almost no pain left. It is improving day-to-day. But will any of these things, especially the night of cigarettes, cause major problems?

I know was stupid and shouldn't have done these things, so please try to give me insight on my questions and refrain from "bashing" my bad decisions. I understand that I was wrong.

Oh yeah and one last question. Is there anything I can do (take vitamins, any kind of leg stretches, drink lots of water) that can help to combat the bad things I've done?

Thank you for any insight and help!

Offline holybatman

Thanks man I appreciate the response. Yeah I definitely consider myself fortunate for what seems like a normal recovery so far after some bad decisions.

I'll use your advice and get some high quality rest and eat good!

Thanks.

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
Just be careful,... and sensible.

One of my friends 2 month post gave me a nipple cripple and it set me back 1 month for sure even at the 2 month mark.

Drink lots of water and rest, rest, rest ... oh yeh, rest :)

Offline holybatman

OUCH!!! I can't imagine how much that hurt, man.

Thanks though...definitely drinking lots of water and I've been going to sleep at around 11 each night and getting a good 10 hours.

Good luck with your healing!

Offline Nightmare

• Posting Member
Good thing you are ok.  like all the guys said, get plenty of rest , water and healthy food.
I took this procedure very serious and i  stop drinking alcohol 3 months in advance and i dont plan on drinking for 2 month after. And i realize i dont need beer to have fun at parties.
I still went to parties with my friends , I just refuse to drink. every time they ask me why i dont drink, i  lied to them and said i just went to the dentist and on meds, so i cant drink, lol.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024