Author Topic: How old were you when you got your diagnosis of Gyno  (Read 777 times)

Brdy64

Some of us get gyno in our teens, some 20-30's, others 30-50's. There are others that will get it much later or due to surgeries and medications as well.

How old were you when you first noticed it?

When a doctor recorded it?

Brdy64

Some of us get gyno in our teens, some 20-30's, others 30-50's. There are others that will get it much later or due to surgeries and medications as well.

How old were you when you first noticed it?

When a doctor recorded it?
12-13ish I think, it's been a long time. 
Doctor thought I would grow out of it, but it grew more instead. I was about 13 maybe when I saw the doctor. 

Online Gotboobs

• Silver Member
17 and then it went away. And at 60. Much much bigger this time and it has not gone away.

Offline taxmapper

17 as a minor blip, then 51 they started to pop out. 

Haven't had it officiated yet, but once the COVID BS cools down Ill see a primary to do hormone and chromosome checks. 

usetobeed

I was 19, when I developed puffy nipples.  I never went to the doctor about it.  They didn't change much for decades.

In my 60's, I gained some weight and developed boobs.  My doctor told me I was too heavy, and I needed to lose 45 lbs.  I lost 25 lbs. so far, but my breasts are still about the same size.  Actually, I think my flatter stomach makes my boobs more noticeable.  I'm still losing weight, but I think the boobs are here to stay.  I have no problem with that.  They are still small enough to hide. (A/B) And large enough for my wife and me to have some fun with.

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
Most guys never get an official diagnosis. I never had a Dr bring it up until I asked about having surgery at an annual physical. He confirmed that I had it. Since it's not a disease, there's no reason for a Dr to bring it up. I would have been horrified if a Dr said something to me about it when I was younger. I was under the impression that my layers of clothing were tricking people into thinking that I had a flat chest. Like many guys, I didn't go to the Dr for years because I dreaded the thought of taking my shirt off in front of someone.

Brdy64

Interesting Fred, in my case it was my grandmother that took me to see the doctor because of breast growth, but I was pretty developed for a teen by then.

Offline blad

I was 13. My mom took me to our general GP who referred me to the Children’s Hospital. I was there for 3 days with tests including being photographed in the buff for a study.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Brdy64

I was 13. My mom took me to our general GP who referred me to the Children’s Hospital. I was there for 3 days with tests including being photographed in the buff for a study.
Wow, 3 days. That most have been quite disturbing. 😳

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
A painful bump in my chest prompted a visit to the doc back in 2016, which ended me up in mammography. Results came back, "IMPRESSION: BI-RADS CATEGORY: 2 - Benign Finding(s). Moderate bilateral gynecomastia." Never had an official diagnosis, even though I'd had some form of it since my teenage years. So like the above posted said, the doctors won't say anything unless you do.

Brdy64

Yeah, I think doctors really don't mention it unless it's brought up. I my case my grandma made an appointment for that specific reason. 

The doctor did tell us it was fairly common and would resolve on it's own (that didn't happen). 

I guess most teens do grow out of it and it goes away. Some it goes away only to come back later in life, and others it's there to stay your entire adult life. 

In my case, I grew breasts because I am supposed to have breasts. 💖

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024