Author Topic: Things are in motion  (Read 2310 times)

Offline FallenJedi

• Posting Member
  • Gynecomastia  Victim No.XXX,XXX,XXX, XXX
Well first of all let me start off by saying that I'm glad this site exists. I started searching for enlarged male chest on yahoo summer of '04 and when I came across this site I have been visiting ever since. I've been researching over this Gynecomastia, have been reading peoples' stories and have been coming to the message boards a lot. Knowing that I'm not alone in this has really boosted my self esteem.

I'm a 17 year old, 5'5", 150 lbs. male who has just graduated from high school and I live in...MIAMI! There are a lot of hot chicks, especially in the summer when all the tourists come to visit, and having gyne doesn't help.

So about 2 weeks ago I finally had the courage to tell my mom about this Gynecomastia problem. I explained to her what it was, I told her I dont take steroids or and other drug, and that I wanted to rid myself of this burden. to my surprise she was open minded and the next day we went to the family doctor and he agreed i had gyne so they ran a blood test to check my test. and other stuff...everything seems to be normal. We went to University of Miami's Jackson Memorial hospital to the plastic surgery center and they checked me out, took digital pictures and said I was a good candidate fro lipo. They said within a few days they will call to confirm when the op. date is.
I was wondering if getting excission and lipo is better than just lipo. I read a post where one guy had just lipo and the gyne came back. The senior doc said i just had fatty tissue and that lipo would be the best thing. I'm not rich so I want to know if getting exc. and lipo is better than just lipo. I also wanted to say i'm glad things are in motion .

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
That's good that things are in motion.. but..

Generally speaking, results are better with both excision and lipo. However without seeing pictures it's difficult to know whether you have glandular gyne (thus DEFINITELY requring excision).. although I'm imagining most people have glandular gyne to a certain extent at least.
etc.

Offline FallenJedi

• Posting Member
  • Gynecomastia  Victim No.XXX,XXX,XXX, XXX
I'll try to go over my sisters house tomorrow to ste-borrow her digital camera and take pics. thanx for your reply

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
Depends. If you're gyne is mostly concentrated in your nipples, then just excision is fine. If your nipples are fine and it's fatty tissue, then lipo is fine. If you're somewhere in the middle like I was, you need excision AND lipo.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024