Author Topic: gynecomastia & shyness  (Read 3400 times)

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
am feeling am not social because of gynecomastia..  I would like to know if gyne surgery can help me get rid of shyness and help me mingle with people.. especially this question is for people who had surgery.. have you had such problems...if so, did surgery help you overcome these problems  ? has surgery changed your personality in any way?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
well, if the majority of posters on this board are any indicator, the expression "difference between night and day" kind of comes to mind ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

DrBermant

am feeling am not social because of gynecomastia..  I would like to know if gyne surgery can help me get rid of shyness and help me mingle with people.. especially this question is for people who had surgery.. have you had such problems...if so, did surgery help you overcome these problems  ? has surgery changed your personality in any way?

There can be a great deal of Emotion Living with Gynecomastia. Surgery can, in the right hands, improve the contour. However, there are also the emotional aspects to healing. For some the emotional scars can be difficult to overcome. Most of my patients have expressed the differences that their new male contour have helped them to achieve. That video link is one of the many recordings that are on my site expressing what plastic surgery can start.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The extent of change you will experience is entirely up to you.

If you are very shy and self conscious in an overall way, then there will be little difference. If your only major issue is the gynecomastia, then you will derive a very great benefit.

Having surgery can be very liberating for many people; but it will not change who or what you are.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jesseee

• Posting Member
i believe it will make you more social, i remember back in like 9th grade i always had new girlfriends and whatnot. As soon as i discovered my puffy nipple i kinda went into a shell and wasn't as outspoken as i once was. But for like a week i taped down my nipples and was back to my old ways. However, then i seen a poster say you get get the pigments in your skin messed up so i quit and now am opting for surgery. The only thing that stands in my way is a loan and people's courtesy on answering my question. like paa paw said you personality determines a lot of it, but 1 thing is for sure. Your confidence will raise remarkably and will make it a ton easier to become more social. Goodluck man  ;)

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
As soon as I saw my flat chest, it was the beginning of me being social again. I wanted to go out and experience things. I had only dreamed of these things when I had gyne. Example: going swimming. I already had it planned a long time ago what things I would do.
I was still shy with girls but my old friend helped me out with that. He helped boost my confidence and I learned to flirt with girls more  which I NEVER did when I had gyne.
Its funny, even when I had gyne, girls would come to me... but I would brush them off.  :(
Ah so many regrets but I'm moving forward with my life.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024